Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices – then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
You’re a detail-oriented self-starter who is happiest when you’ve empowered others to be successful. You have an intuitive understanding of product strategy and love to solve problems. You have a passion for technology and enjoy helping other people understand what you see.
Sabre Labs, the dedicated emerging technology and innovation lab at Sabre, is looking for an Innovation Catalyst to assist in building and sharing our vision of the future of technology and travel.
The Labs group is a cross-functional team responsible for collaborating across all of Sabre’s businesses to provide thought leadership on the emerging technology trends and capabilities with the highest potential impact on travel. Much of Labs’ expertise comes from hands-on building and experimenting with tech prototypes and developing related product concepts. The team builds applications on mobile, web, IoT, and other emerging platforms.
We are searching for an individual with excellent interpersonal skills to help Labs maximize its internal resources. This individual will act as a product manager for Labs “products” – prototypes, research papers, videos, presentations, etc – with the responsibility of ensuring quality execution, coordination between Labs and outside groups, and maximizing the value of the products produced.
This person must be comfortable both working with a team of developers and designers, as well as presenting prototypes to customers. Related responsibilities will include helping to research emerging technologies, creating thought leadership reports, and sharing Labs learnings through presentations and tech demos.
- Act as a product manager for Labs products – prototypes, research reports, videos, presentations, etc.
- Assist Labs and R&D leadership by helping to research and build presentations about Labs research and tech prototypes.
- Support our development / design team in the creation of prototypes through fantastic product management and clear communication.
- Interface with other Sabre teams to gather needed information, coordinate collaboration efforts and ensure appropriate follow through.
- Present and discuss an ever-changing list of technology topics and demos for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Self-starter, able to move forward with varying levels of ambiguity and bring original ideas to each project.
- Clear, exceptional communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation for the craft of product management.
- Ability to thrive when handling coordination of multiple projects and/or events at once.
- Base level understanding of technology, ability to learn new technologies with minimal assistance, ability to do basic tech troubleshooting to keep tech working correctly.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint or Keynote, and familiarity with photo editing software and Office suite.
- Comfortable demoing, discussing, and presenting in front of groups ranging from 2 to 20+.
- Other skills desired but not required: background in business of travel; multilingual; familiarity with design and development.
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre’s Employee Relations Department at email@example.com
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.