Note: Job can also be located in Boulder CO, Dallas TX or Santa Monica CA.
Informa Markets connects buyers and sellers and supports the flow of business and trade in over a dozen specialist markets. Our platforms help businesses meet, discover products, trade and grow through major exhibitions, virtual events, online marketplaces, specialist content and data services. We create perennial platforms using digital marketing solutions and rich educational content that drive community, outreach, engagement and connections 365 days a year. Our online marketplaces enable B2B industries to browse and purchase products and identify new suppliers. We combine deeper data, smarter planning and easier campaign management in our B2B marketing services – all working closely to get clearer results.
The Product Manager/Senior Product Manager, North America, will engage in deep dives into our market verticals (Infrastructure & Construction, Manufacturing & Engineering, Agriculture, Health & Nutrition) to identify customer needs and solve their challenges with world class products and innovative solutions that support Informa Markets. Work closely with Product leadership (SVP & Director of Product Management), internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, product, data analytics and other departments), as well as with our commercial and vendor partners to deliver digital products to bring suppliers, buyers, and service providers together to do business.
- Work with the SVP of Product Management and Director of Product Management to build a product roadmap and facilitate the execution of the roadmap to deliver high impact features to market
- Identify unique industry data sets across multiple verticals ranging from Health & Nutrition to Concrete to Medical Manufacturing to Agriculture and many more and ways to monetize those data sets (data-as-a-service, subscriptions, scalable research products)
- Develop data acquisition strategies to complement existing data sets and achieve business goals
- Combine deep knowledge of product management frameworks with curiosity to learn about a variety of industries, the businesses within them and the challenges those businesses face
- Listen to customers, both internal and external, in as many ways as possible, as frequently as possible, from one-on-one interviews to surveys to prototype testing
- Synthesize user insights to clearly and deeply understand their wants and needs. Use that understanding to steer product strategy and decisions
- Research industry, customer, and competitor trends to inform future development.
- Set clear goals and ensure that what gets built and rolled out is both valuable and viable
- Use performance metrics and user feedback to guide continuous improvement for digital products and services
- Balance customer needs with resource constraints and roadmap timelines
- Partner cross-functionally with internal and external engineering teams, third party software providers, design, marketing, sales and customer success
- Clearly articulate tradeoffs and get buy-in from cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Proactively build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Create documents, training presentations and other critical go-to-market items for internal teams to ensure successful rollout and adoption of new products and enhancements.
- At least 3 years of product management experience
- Deep understanding of and demonstrated success with agile development practices and an iterative product development culture
- Pragmatic Marketing or Product Ownership certification preferred, but not required
- Passion for improving customer experience
- Strong customer interviewing and needs analysis experience
- Well organized, able to multitask and prioritize. Experience managing competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Able to deliver clear, concise and effective communications regardless of the audience.
- Emotional Intelligence, building authentic and trustworthy connections with both internal and external stakeholders, to influence stakeholders without direct authority
- Comfortable with trying things and sometimes failing
- Resourceful, able to achieve results creatively with finite resources, get around roadblocks and stay focused on goals
- Analytical and detail oriented, finding meaning and action in numbers, thinking strategically, and willing to get into the weeds
- Experience using data analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, Power BI) to bring insights
- Experience with Business intelligence tools or other data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data pipelines, warehousing and data management systems such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, SQL and ETL processes
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships