We are Saiga
We believe that people spend too much time on mind-numbing tasks and life admin. That’s where Saiga steps in. We are building Saiga for a world where everyone can dedicate their time to the things that really matter – be it spending more time with family and friends or simply getting that one extra hour of sleep.
Saiga will radically and fundamentally change how we manage our lives by becoming a personal assistant for the entire administrative and bureaucratic life of people and their households. We use machine learning and UX magic to turn admin into a joyful and positive experience – or at the very least, get it done.
Saiga was founded by Karl Moritz Hermann who was previously CEO of the AI research company Dark Blue Labs (sold to Google) and a senior staff researcher at Google DeepMind. We are backed by some of Europe’s most ambitious VCs and experienced Angel investors, giving us the runway and support to build a category-defining and impactful company.
For more details on us as a company, check out our careers page.
As a product-led company, your product design work will be central to the success of Saiga. As a Senior Product Designer your job is to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful, ubiquitous product experiences and interfaces that help people delegate admin work to Saiga effortlessly. You would be entering Saiga at an exciting early-stage: We have successfully released the first iteration of our product now aiming to take it to the next level.
We prioritise passion & energy to add to our team over process and pessimism. This position is full-time and based at our HQ in Berlin.
- As a true peer to engineering and product management and an evangelist for user-centricity, you will be intimately involved in developing our product taking the user perspective into account.
- During early product discovery, you will facilitate cross-disciplinary ideation workshops, create user journey maps, develop concepts and prototypes, and validate them with users.
- On the UI front, you will be a main driver behind developing our design language and a design system for different platforms (currently mobile, soon also web) that allows us to turn life admin into a magical and positive experience for our users.
- In close collaboration with your product management and engineering peers you break down your solutions into shippable increments, work on iterations, participate in delivery ceremonies, and support day-to-day product development.
- You help us build a strong design culture at Saiga.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in digital product design – having worked on a mobile consumer product before is a plus.
- A strong background in and a passion for visual UI design paired with a solid foundation of interaction design skills, prototyping capabilities, and user research know how.
- The vision and creativity to turn the mundane into the magical and the ability to lead the solution for an end-to-end user journey.
- A keen eye for detail, yet sufficient know how to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to a high fidelity prototype.
- A growth mindset and enthusiasm for collaborating successfully across disciplines.
- High emotional intelligence combined with a solid understanding of impact and success metrics to focus your design efforts.
- Experience of working in startups or on products from the point of inception is a big plus.
- Embracing the uncertainty that comes with such a state of flux is a must have.
- We know that box-ticking is dull and that nobody fits all the boxes. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get at Saiga
In addition to a competitive salary and equity plan, the following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Real responsibility and a steep learning curve.
- A seat at the table – be a genuine part of the team from day one.
- A diverse, international, supportive, and highly motivated team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. (Really!) We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage women and people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. We can help with immigration.
Our hiring process is reasonably streamlined (initial chat, case study + portfolio discussion, interviews with some people from the team, final conversation) and designed to give both of us ample time to decide whether we’d be excited to be working with each other, as well as giving you all the information you might need to make an informed decision.