Feedinfo and Stratégie grains are two of AgriBriefing’s flagship B2B premium data products, sold on a SaaS model by subscription. They provide price reporting, forecasting, news and analysis to the large and fast-growing agri-commodity sector which touches everyone’s lives daily through the food we buy and the restaurants and bars we visit.
Our products are vital to buyers and sellers throughout the supply chain – everyone from large supermarket chains to our favourite household brands. The division has ambitious growth targets, and the Product Manager works within the business strategy to develop and manage our products in order to meet those targets. They sit at the heart of the business, gathering knowledge and intelligence from every team in order to effectively priortise time spent and investment in the products.
The Product Manager must develop a deep understanding of the products’ features, their target audiences, markets and competitors, and AgriBriefing’s organisational dynamics that support them. The product manager is the guardian of the quality of the products and their marketability.
The role holder will conduct primary market research and product concept testing with customers, generating product requirements, determining specifications, pricing, and timescales for product introduction. They will have a dotted line into and work closely with the division’s MD. They will also work side by side with sales and marketing to develop go to market strategy.
The role holder is responsible for the product roadmaps. They will support product development by translating business needs to product solutions, and vice versa. Through direction from key business stakeholders, they will take responsibility for maximising the value of the products through effective prioritisation and curation of the requirements backlog, and the work of software development partners. Future developments are likely to relate not only to the core product but also look to develop partnerships with financial institutions or exchanges.
The role holder will be based in our London office through our current flexible working approach. They can expect occasional travel to high profile client sites and large industry events in order to build their network and meet end users and decision makers.
- Develop the Product Roadmap
- Understand customers’ needs and desires by working closely with Sales, Editorial and Analyst teams and through direct customer interaction.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product features by reviewing product specifications and requirements; assessing data availability, appraising new product ideas and product enhancements/extensions.
- Determine Minimum Marketable Product criteria.
- Assess market competition.
- Lead product development
- Bring new products and features to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs
- Recommend product pricing by using market research data
- Work closely with software development partners to clarify, estimate and prioritise software requirements.
- Apply Agile principals effectively in day to day activities.
- Present solutions/prototypes to stakeholders in design phases, collaborating with key stakeholders to define acceptance criteria.
- Lead or coordinate with third parties on a technical level.
- Manage the product lifecycle
- Monitor competitive activity and market trends to maintain continued viability of product.
- Continuously interact with customers and the Sales team to understand the need for product enhancements and/or feature retirement.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
- 2-3 years’ experience as a assistant/product manager of a B2B data or digital service
- Confident using Agile methodologies
- Understanding of software development cycle
- Basic UX skills – wireframing, prototyping, UX testing
Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Willing to learn and show enthusiasm for what we do
- A team player who can work in cross functional teams
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- A current passport with no restrictions for worldwide travel
Desirable experience and skills
- Understanding of the Microsoft developer tech stack plus Umbraco CMS
- Use of and integration with Salesforce CRM
- Knowledge of the agricultural/agribusiness market
- A second language is not necessary but French, Spanish, German or Mandarin are very useful in some of our territories.
AgriBriefing believes that creating a culture of diversity will help to maximise everybody’s potential and achieve superior business results. We aim to harness differences to create a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are being fully utilised and in which organisational goals are met.