NearSt’s mission is to get people back into high street shops. Our retail tech platform makes shops’ in-store inventory data visible to the internet, so that anyone anywhere can see what’s in stock in their local shop.
Companies like Google and Facebook use our technology to show live in-store inventory on their platforms to millions of shoppers searching nearby, sending online shoppers into physical stores.
The world of retail is changing dramatically, and shoppers are going online to find products offline, locally more than ever. Our fast-growing tight-knit team of 25 share a common vision that what we’re building will define the future of how everyone shops – a vision that’s secured backing from some of the best names in retail as we lead this wave of transformation.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to lead the product roadmap for one of Europe’s hottest startups*, as our first product manager. In 2022 we are investing heavily in our product to take advantage of the massive opportunity that presents itself with the post-COVID return to the high street.
A few of our goals for this year are to
- Further grow product love by building out new features to help retailers drive more in-store footfall
- Launch our product in the US
- Expand the portfolio of platforms that our product integrates with beyond Google and Facebook
- Make it even easier for shops of all sizes to see value from and add value to the product
To do this we need a smart, focused product manager to work in close collaboration with the awesome engineering team to build the platform that is going to get people around the world back into their local shops.
*We are thrilled to have won Europa’s Hottest Retail Tech Startup in 2019 and to have been a finalist again in 2021!
What you’ll be doing
- Define and champion the Product Roadmap
- Prioritise requirements into achievable initiatives so that the maximum value can be delivered to our customers and the business
- Measure the impact of new features and product areas for our users, ensuring learning and insights are used for continuous improvement of our products
- Set a high bar for product thinking and design generally, pushing for consistency and quality, being an advocate for the needs of the user, and driving towards a world class product experience
- Frequently engage with stakeholders and end-users in order to keep up with their needs
- Work closely with the Engineering team to manage and prioritise the Product backlog
- Work closely with the Commercial teams to deliver the product to users and monitor and analyse the feedback.
- Manage the feature-pitch process, enabling and supporting colleagues to make contributions to the product
- Lead monthly Product Roadmap meetings and present progress and feedback at Company-wide meetings
What you’ll bring
- You are able to prioritise product features using analytical techniques
- You have experience working in an agile team delivering a high quality product
- You are knowledgeable about agile processes and understand what good product development processes looks like
- You have an inquisitive mind and are not afraid to ask “stupid” questions
- You are an excellent communicator and able to engage with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external
- You are empathetic. You enjoy bringing out the best in people to achieve collective goals
- You are analytical. You are highly data driven and feedback loop focussed and can balance intuition and opinion when we don’t have enough data
- You are a critical thinker. You enjoy constructive discussions and debate to get to the right answer
- You have a passion for technology solutions that make a positive impact on the world!
Why we think you’ll love it here
NearSt is a collaborative place, which means we work together and no one gets left behind. We value positive, open communication and see learning as an essential pillar of our collective growth as a company.
At our Shoreditch HQ you’ll find music, food, plants, the occasional dog, and spaces for focussed and collaborative working. On Friday you’ll usually find us celebrating the week with a drink (or two!) as part of our weekly roundup too.
We are all united in our enthusiasm for what the future of retail holds (hear our CEO talk about this during our keynote at The Next Web), and believe we have an incredible opportunity to make a massive positive impact on the world.
- Semi-Remote Team 🌍 We work as a semi-remote team, where our Hoxton Square office is a hub for collaboration and team-oriented work and home is a place for deep focussed work. Each team sets their own schedule based on their own needs, and all new joiners get a budget to make sure their home is set up as a great space to work.
- Tech and Software 💻 Whether you’re working at home or HQ, you’ll benefit from the latest MacBooks and freedom to suggest the software that will help you do your best work, rather than updating spreadsheets and waiting for apps to load.
- Stock Options 💰 Everyone should share a stake in our success, so if you’re a full time employee you’ll receive stock options when you join.
- Wellness Budget 🧘 Stay at your best with a monthly wellness budget to spend as you please on things to keep you happy, healthy and well. Whether that’s on meditation apps, healthy food subscriptions, or gym memberships. If it keeps you well, it’s covered.
- Mental Health Support 🌸 Taking care of your mental health is just as important as your physical health, so we provide professional and confidential support from the wonderful therapists at Spill, directly in Slack.
- Personal Growth ✨ Develop personally and professionally with an annual budget of £1000 for you to upskill in ways that suit your own learning style – whether through books, training courses, or attending events.
- Mindset 💭 We cultivate an entrepreneurial can-do mindset; brilliant ideas can and must come from everywhere in the business and we have working groups and regular meeting to ensure these ideas find their way to fruition.
- Purpose 🌟 Work among a team who genuinely want to make a massive positive difference in the world
We’re a fast-growing tight-knit team of 25 people who all share a common vision that what we’re building will define the future of how everyone shops. Startup life is always a lot of work and a ton of fun, so we’ve focussed hard on putting a great framework in place that lets people do their best work.
We think a great workplace is filled with all the diversity the world has to offer. This means we make no judgement about the things that make you, you – whether that be gender, religion, sexuality, race, or a secret love for 80s action films. If you’re excited by our mission, we’re excited to meet you!
We use Applied for applications, which means we initially don’t ask for a CV and review answers to a set of questions. We do this as we believe in making recruitment as fair and de-biased as possible.
Apply here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/mmesjwhpqa?utmsource=mindtheproduct
Deadline: 28th February 2022, 17:00
There are four stages of interview for this role.
- 5 questions submitted and reviewed blind using Applied
- A short phone call with our Senior Engineering Advisor
- First Interview via Zoom
- Final Interview via Zoom