GoodTime is on a mission to make every minute count by solving the age-old problem of scheduling complex meetings. We believe that having the right meetings between the right people at the right time makes every minute count and enables smarter meetings. With smarter meetings, teams can achieve their mission faster. Our journey to disrupt the way meetings are scheduled started with intelligently automating job interviews using automation and AI technologies.
This Product Manager will help lead us to new and exciting territory!
GoodTime is entering uncharted territory. To conquer our goals, we’ve implemented a Culture of Entrepreneurship. Our Culture of Entrepreneurship is built on three pillars; autonomy, accountability, and alignment. As a teammate at GoodTime, you will need to rely on and embody these traits to get the job done successfully. Being in this culture means owning your role, and balancing autonomy with company alignment.
The Culture of Entrepreneurship should be a difference-maker in helping you and our clients, teammates, and friends create a future where every minute counts.
You might be a good fit for GoodTime if you:
- Like to work with amazing people! (seriously, our own teammates’ words)
- Dislike politics and “red tape”
- Are friendly, always willing to lend a helping hand
- Can make a path forward, even in ambiguous situations
- Are Humble, able to admit your failures (we’re all human)
- Love to learn, self-taught in many areas
- Are willing to give and receive feedback because you care
- Are bored without a hard problem to solve
- Enjoy seeing your hard work make real impact, and controlling your own success
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You have experience building 0-1 products and enjoy working on the early stages of product development. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, roll-out, and iterate on a new product vertical that delivers GoodTime’s vision and strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Identify target sets of users with critical unsolved/under-solved problems and create effective MVPs
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth, and work closely with the Customer Success Team
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work with our leadership team to develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches in partnership with executives and the marketing team
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company with customers to solicit feedback on products and services
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, especially from 0-1
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with data, metrics and statistical analysis
Nice to have
- Experience with usability research
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- This is a fully remote position. We understand that talent comes from who we hire, not where they live.
Commitment to You
The more diverse and inclusive the workplace, the more our product, community, and company can flourish. We have people from many different backgrounds and knowledge areas. As a prospective teammate, you may not “tick” all the boxes here, and we don’t expect you to. If you believe in the vision and values at GoodTime, please apply! We’re proud to support and be an ally to the BIPOC community, women, veterans, and those recovering from the various effects of the pandemic.
- Remote first culture, with fully paid bi-annual company get togethers (once deemed safe to do so) for ALL teammates, potentially more paid travel as needed based on role
- $500 home office subsidy
- 8 week Parental Leave (including adoption placement)
Flexible time off (R&R)
- Up to $500 towards self-selected learning and development
Health, Dental, and Short-term Disability plans, with generous employer contribution
- Paid subscription to Calm app (meditations on meditations y’all)
Remote in the United States Only
We are unable to accommodate Visa holding candidates at this time.