Material+ is looking for a Director of Product Delivery to join our delivery team. In this role you will use a combination of traditional and agile project management techniques to bring digital product, CRM and loyalty solutions to life for our clients. This position requires a detail-oriented and highly-collaborative individual with excellent communication and leadership skills and a passion for creating consumer facing digital experiences.
Director of Product Delivery Responsibilities:
- Working with the new business group and discipline leaders to define project approaches and to scope, size, pitch and win new business. Proposals will primarily focus on custom product development engagements (web and mobile applications, ecomm and marketing website solutions) but may also include CRM and Loyalty strategy and implementation. (approx. 25% time).
- Leading cross-discipline initiatives to define and promote agile based playbooks for envisioning, designing and delivering custom digital products (web, mobile, ecomm) and loyalty/CRM solutions for our clients. (approx 10% time)
- Overseeing and providing career development and coaching to a team (1-5) of direct reports (Product Delivery Managers)
Leading day-to-day execution of a portfolio of client projects. This includes direct management of larger/strategic engagements and operation monitoring and course correcting a broader project portfolio. More than 50% of your time will be client facing.
- Working with clients and project teams to define and refine product backlogs. Defining and managing product roadmap and release calendars and negotiating feature sets with client based on launch timing, dependencies and team capacity
- Monitoring and maintaining project scope, timeline, operating budget, resource management and overall quality of the deliverables. Facilitating effective collaboration between product designers, content strategists, user researchers, developers, QA and client stakeholders
- Developing trusted relationships with day to day clients and internal teams, managing internal and client teams’ expectations, and proactive issue identification and conflict resolution.
- Maintaining a deep knowledge of clients goals, challenges and requirements, and identifying opportunities for organic growth within accounts.
- Agile craftsmanship and project management thought leadership with a fanatical focus on continuous improvement, team health and client outcomes.
Required Experience and Expertise:
- At least 8 years of relevant project, program or product management experience.
- A proven track record of bringing customer facing custom digital solutions to market
- Experience overseeing significant Software Development
- Initiatives (e.g. eComm, Websites, Mobile Apps) initiatives with Agile.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams that include designers, developers and QA specialists.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), Certified Product Manager (CPM) and/or PMP certification
- Experience defining product backlogs, managing roadmaps and working with stakeholders define detailed user stories and acceptance criteria in large scale or complex engagements.
- Expert level Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe…), knowledge and implementation experience with enough waterfall knowledge to steer clients towards agile approaches
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with demonstrable attention to detail and servant leadership working style
- Experience working with JIRA or Azure DevOps
- Working in a consulting or agency environment
- Leading Agile Transformation within an organization or client.
- Working with hybrid teams that include nearshore or offshore team members
Material is an analytics-driven marketing services firm powered by sophisticated analytics and deep human understanding. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in LA, the company has grown consistently for nearly 50 years and currently has 1200 employees in 20 offices including NY, Chicago, San Francisco, Austin, and London. Material has actively acquired a portfolio of businesses to build a unique, integrated marketing services business with key capabilities in analytics, intelligence and experience for an array of top tier clients in entertainment, tech, retail, healthcare, and packaged goods.
Material+ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer oriented toward inclusivity. We celebrate diversity, not just in commitment but in action. We get it and hire people who do, too.