What you will be doing
The Business Process Lead (BPL) will play a crucial role in optimising the numerous steps that comprise the customer journey, seeking to blend the best of technology, people and clever design. Working with colleagues in Sales, Credit, Operations and customers, the priority is to ensure our customers’ applications get from start to finish as smoothly as possible, so that we maintain our industry leading service levels whilst we grow. The BPTL will aslo act as primary change agent within Octopus Property for all things digital.
As we strive to improve not just what we do, but how we do it, everyone in the team needs to embrace technology as we work towards becoming fully digitised. We believe it’s possible to use customer-friendly technology to unleash the true potential within our fantastic lending teams and create smooth, efficient and flexible customer journey.
The successful candidate will act as the catalyst to bring this ambition to life, meaning that communication and change leadership are integral aspects of the role.
It’s not about ticking over or gently getting by – we want to take big strides and create a business that you’ll be proud to be part of, recognised as the best at what it does by customers and competitors alike.
A broad range of activities that fall in scope including: processing of new loan enquiries, full applications, AML/KYC, credit searches, workflow, case tracking, 3rd party integration, loan completions, document management and all associated customer and broker touchpoints.
Reporting line is to the Chief Operations Officer.
- You like to bring ideas to the table that demonstrate the ‘art of the possible’, from across Fin-Tech and beyond. You want to be at the front of industry best practice.
- You understand how customers experience processes, taking an ‘outside in’ perspective when evaluating service delivery.
- You like to actively create a culture of always seeking new ways to improve, rather than settling for the status quo. You constantly search out the opportunities to simplify, digitise, streamline and eliminate waste in everything you do. You hate time-wasting processes!
- You’re obsessive about process improvement. Yes, obsessive.
- You love to do customer journey mappings. It gives you goose bumps.
- New products or system functionality? No problem. You’re able to manage process change of the old while also introducing the new.
- You’re comfortable working in a small but scaling business. Octopus property has about 50 employees and you will get to know everybody by their first name. But a few years from now you might look back and remember when the team was “only” 50 people, and are excited by the prospects of rapid growth. You want to be part of that.
- You fully embrace diversity. You know that diverse teams are more productive, better at problem-solving and a more fun and dynamic place to work.
- You thrive in an open and transparent workplace. We’re all in this together.
- You are really comfortable with technology. You’re not a developer but when talking with developers you know your SQL from your Python, your webapp from your mobile app, and can explain the basics of the blockchain over a latte.
- The sight of an Enterprise Software Salesman gives you shivers. What century do they live in?
Your Social Skills
- You recognise that people are a key component to a company’s success. So you strive to ensure that any systems, procedures and policies reflect the right balance of human judgement, digitisation, flexibility, speed and control.
- You work collaboratively and openly with colleagues, whether to support them in their goals or when you need assistance to achieve your own objectives.
- You lead by example, demonstrating your commitment to optimising how things get done in the interest of creating great customer experiences wherever possible.
- You support your colleagues in the transition away from manual/paper processes.
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
If you got this far, then you probably have all of the following, but just in case:
• This role requires Financial Services industry experience in a similar role
• Experienced in driving process change and continuous improvement initiatives
• Highly Customer Focused to deliver an exceptional end user experience
• A strong internal relationship builder used to working with teams across different functions/levels to achieve results
• Adaptable and flexible with experience in juggling multiple priorities
• Well organized and thorough, with the ability to prioritise in line with business goals
• Comfortable with technology. You’re not a developer but when talking with developers you know your SQL from your Python, your webapp from your mobile app, and can explain the basics of the blockchain over a latte.
• Good problem-solving skills, reacting quickly when needed to make decisions