Join a fast-growing tech company building the OS of Strategic Finance
By taking a completely new approach, Abacum’s mission is to become the leading collaborative financial planning solution. What does that mean? We are building the most powerful and flexible platform to allow finance (FP&A) teams to solve their hardest problems; data automation, planning, scenario modelling, and performance tracking.
We started in 2020 and within just 1 year, we have grown to more than 70+ employees with 20+ nationalities and we are looking to grow 10x again in the next coming months! We’ve raised $30M from some of the world’s top investors (Y Combinator, Creandum, Atomico). We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work.
This is very ambitious. And we can’t do it alone. So we’d love to meet you!
About the Product Team and Your impact
We’re seeking the right Platform Product Manager with more than to join the team and help us build the best finance product in history. We expect you to move our product vision forward by owning a core pillar’s problem space – including the strategy, roadmap, and goals to achieve it. We offer uncertainty and the chance to create your own structure. You will be working in an extremely fast environment where you bring ideas to our users within literally days or hours. You will have a key role in shaping the product strategy, the product discipline, and the company culture. You will become part of a hand-picked group of incredibly talented and motivated people.
About the role
We are looking for people that…
- Are (business) builders. You enjoy forming hypotheses, building things and proving yourself wrong. You have previous experience building complex products with multiple end-user personas and their journeys. You validate that customers have both a need and a willingness to pay for a solution.
- Understand technology and design. You’re comfortable talking about APIs, frameworks, databases, and documentation with engineers and designers alike. You appreciate the value of a well-designed endpoint and can provide valuable critique in design reviews.
- Collaborate easily. You are humble, open, and willing to compromise. You enjoy working with other disciplines, understanding their motivations and constraints. You are not motivated to prove you have the best ideas and know-how to disagree and speak up with respect.
This role is perfect if you have
- Built/iterated on a technical product (Portfolio of API’s, Databases, ETL, Developer Tooling etc.)
- Experience managing external executive stakeholder expectations
- Connected technical improvements to end user value in a way anyone can understand.
- Experience working on a cross functional team consisting of Product, Design, Engineering and Research
Nice to have’s but not essential
Experience building normalization layers for complex integrations
Designing and building simple, well documented and scalable API’s
- Discovery and Delivery. Abacum PMs take full ownership of the entire product lifecycle – from designing and executing research plans to writing tickets for the development team. They are undeterred by “boring work“ and step in as necessary to move their product forward. Abacum PMs find value and make it happen.
- A Bias for Action. An uncomfortable truth is that most product decisions are two-way decisions, and often times the wrong decision is no decision. At Abacum, PM’s aim is to be “directionally correct” and iterate quickly. Speed is key to learning and (today) we’re burning to learn not burning to earn.
- Thinking big to start small. Abacum PM’s recognise how to combine multiple opportunities to improve the lives of real people – our customers, and can build a vision that inspires others. They effectively break down said vision into bite-size steps and can flow easily between strategic discussions and minute details.
- Take opportunities: You will be joining an amazing and diverse team from over 20+ countries.
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with key stakeholders and founders of the company.
- You deserve it: A competitive compensation salary based on experience.
- Work-life balance: We embrace flexible working policies and relevant, can support your relocation – it doesn’t matter where you currently live!
- Meet your colleagues: We organize thoughtful & amazing fun team events (Quarterly team off-sites), Regular All-hands meetings, throughout the year.
- Enjoy the perks: We contribute to private health insurance, stock options, generous time off, calm subscription, language courses.
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues.
Customer Obsession: We share the understanding that Abacum’s sole purpose is to create value for customers and relentlessly deploy all creativity and energy to that end.
Audacious Ambition: We dream big and embrace discomfort. We do work that has never been done before. This comes with challenges, frustrations, and failures along the way. We embrace them, we persevere and we invent, simplify, and are creative to overcome them.
Good People: We are self-reflective and praise diversity of thought. We don’t justify the end with the means and know where to draw the line. We have fun every day. We only can succeed as a team. We are in this together and strongly believe that as a team we are much greater than the sum of our parts. We enjoy our diversity, encourage different opinions, and respect each other as we come together to build, improve and grow.
Tough Love: We truly care for everyone in the team and embrace honest and constructive feedback and radical transparency as ways to genuinely support each other.
We believe in equal opportunities
Abacum is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills, and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Come join the future 🙂