Package: circa £40k – £46k + 10% bonus + fantastic BT benefits
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
With a steadily rising number of cyber threats and attacks and new data protection regulations applying to UK businesses, it’s never been more important for Small and Medium companies to protect their software and data and invest in cybersecurity.
As Product manager for our Security and & Back-up portfolio, you will be developing and managing a best in class set of cloud services for Small and Medium businesses enhancing BT’s core communication solutions and answering the customers’ critical needs in terms of cybersecurity.
This will include owning, developing and implementing the product roadmap, launches, withdrawals and in-life product and service management. It will also involve liaising with 3rd party suppliers to shape and re-sell their products into Business & Public Sector.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will develop and deliver innovative products complementing and enhancing BT core portfolio
- Designing and implementing simple and brilliant customer experiences aligned with our business aspirations
- Unlocking or creating new profitable and sustainable opportunities in the market
- Working closely with our Commercial teams, Sales channels, Customer Services, Technology and all relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of the products from planning through to launch and beyond.
You will manage our existing Security & Back-up portfolio lifecycle for SME customers
- Building relationships with key 3 rd party (including McAfee and Dell EMC
- Continuously improving the customer experience of our services and bringing new capabilities to market – working closely with Technology, Trading Units, Customer Services and external suppliers.
- Developing and delivering initiatives to optimise the revenue and/or drive improved profitability
- Holding suppliers to account for relevant IT product unit costs, product performance and product development requirements for B&PS as a whole.
- W withdrawing legacy services
You’ll develop and deliver future product portfolio roadmap
- Developing consolidated plans supporting our Business strategy, Channels needs and aligned with our 3 rd party supplier roadmaps
- Maintaining business insight into future technologies, identifying market trends & opportunities in the Security & Back-up SaaS (Software as a Service) area
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- Ability to deliver to tight times scales, to innovate and ‘think outside the box’ to deliver products and solutions that meet customers stated requirements.
- Ability to use insight to make strategic and operational decisions that support the growth& quality aspirations of the Business
- Result driven, detailed orientated and with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills, ability to shape and influence key stakeholders and manage 3rd party suppliers
- Compelling spoken, written and visual communication skills. You will be able to bring ideas to life, evangelising why the great experiences and products you create are good for business
- Previous experience working in a Product Manager role.
- Experience of bringing products to market, while liaising with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven track record of creating amazing customer experiences
- Ideally experience of one or more of the following product areas
- Software as a Service applications