At Maneno we are passionate about reading. So much that we have devoted all our energy for the past 6 years to build the world’s best reading app for children in the age group 5-11. Some refer to us as the “Spotify for children’s books”, but we actually think of ourselves as the company that gets kids excited by reading.
● Because we are transforming the way of reading from being a lonely activity to a social activity
● Because we enrich stories with fun games that can be played alone or together with friends
● Because we reward kids for their reading effort and make them think of reading as a game rather than a cumbersome activity that your parents tell them to do.
Maneno is currently used by over 25.000 kids each month and we are right now expanding globally to unlock the power of reading for all children in the world.
We’re also backed by leading digital investors – Founders Factory (a market leading accelerator founded by Brent Hoberman of lastminute.com and MADE.com) and North East Venture.
We are looking for an experienced product person to become our Product Manager. You will be leading the vision, the user experience, the roadmap and the product team of one of the most exciting and innovative companies in the EdTech space. You are someone who is inspired by the problem space and not just the solution. Our ideal candidate is an original thinker with a highly creative mind, makes data-driven product decisions, has excellent communication skills, user experience knowledge and strong vision.
● You will be responsible for managing the full product lifecycle, from vision to development, testing, deployment and feedback loop.
● You will be responsible for overall user retention and make sure that users keep coming back for more.
● You will develop the roadmap for the product along with the project and resource plans required to deliver the roadmap.
● You will manage the teams involved in the development of the application, collaborating with Engineers, Product designers, and Marketing and Operations teams to define, scope, prioritise, develop, test and deliver features across our internal and customer facing products.
● You will use quantitative analysis methods to define and analyse key metrics, A/B testing and multivariate testing
● You will take responsibility for turning Maneno’s mission and strategy into a market leading application.
● You are creative – relentlessly striving to identify new technical solutions and innovations for our product.
● Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and user experience
● Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritised, actionable roadmaps
● Create strategies to ensure the wider team are delivering on goals and constantly improving the business proposition.
● Be hands-on and willing to get involved in all aspects of the product process
● Previous product management experience, with some of that experience gained in the area of consumer mobile applications.
● A proven track record of delivering successful products at scale for web and mobile platforms, including conception, implementation and delivery. You will have a track record of building user experience that our users love.
● Project management experience, driving projects that deliver on time and budget
● A practitioner of agile and lean methodologies
● You will have experience with an application that has >100k users
● User testing experience
● Analytics experience
Nice to have:
● Experience working with remote development team
● Release management experience
● Prior experience in juggling multiple projects and delegating work effectively, iteratively implementing operational improvements to the way you and your team works.
● Experience in working with cross-functional teams and can communicate effectively with all parts of a startup business
● A deep knowledge in analytics tools such as Mixpanel, CleverTap
● Experience working with EdTech and gamification – maybe you have previously worked at Duolingo, Kahoot or Education First?
● Experience working with story-driven game design, taps and sinks diagrams etc.
● Driven by finding the root cause of any issue, rather putting a patch over them, with sound judgement and problem-solving ability at all levels. Comfortable making decisions and taking risks where necessary.
● Fun and enjoys the work – we all love what we do!
● A team player, willing to get your hands dirty with the detail
● Inquisitive and curious
● Analytic and bases decision on data
● Organised with a strong attention to detail and an ability to balance detail with the big picture.
● Ability to lead a team to perform at their best
● Salary between £50 – £70k depending on experience
● Share options
● Opportunity for you to shape one of the most exciting and innovative products that help kids to read
● Make your mark on the business – as a small team everyone’s opinion and drive counts. You will be a key player in the business.
● Freedom to work from where you see fit
● Flexible working hours
● Absolute work title freedom
● Team building trips
● Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks