Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a GovTech scale-up with its HQ in Brussels and New York, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 300+ local governments and organizations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the ‘Best Social Impact Startup in Europe’, and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
Data Analyst at CitizenLab
As CitizenLab’s first Data Analyst, you will play a key role in shaping our exciting new “Insights” squad. To help governments become truly responsive to their community’s needs, we want to provide them with actionable insights to inform their decisions. You will start from the governments’ informational needs, and tap into the large amounts of qualitative community data collected on our platform and elsewhere to provide accessible, high-quality projects reports as well as interactive dashboards.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing community data to better support and inform the governments’ decision-making process. You will work mostly with textual unstructured data.
- Translating data into insightful and visually attractive reports and dashboards, including written interpretations.
- Templatizing your reports and dashboards for specific use cases and client segments.
- Working closely with the Insights squad (Product Manager, Product Designer, Engineers) to shape product functionalities and bring your work to scale. Collaborating with the GovSuccess team for the delivery of the data insights to governments, as well as to capture client needs.
What do we expect from you?
- You have at least two years of experience with analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data and are passionate about transforming data into actionable insights.
- You have excellent writing skills and can deliver visually attractive reports. You are able to simplify complex issues into clear messages.
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You spot new opportunities and take initiative to bring them to fruition.
- You can query data and are fluent in SQL, Python, R, or an equivalent language. Knowing your way around using APIs is a plus.
- You are very fluent in English. Dutch is considered a big plus. French, German, Danish, or Spanish are nice-to-haves.
- You will be working from a European time zone.
- Experience with or an understanding of governments and their inner workings is a plus.
- Most importantly: you can demonstrate an insatiable appetite to improve the functioning of our governments and democracies. That’s the purpose that drives us all at CitizenLab.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale through our open-source product. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid growth as scaleup (75 employees), and contribute to our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in our various in-person and remote team events, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 days off, a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Whilst we are proud of our cultural diversity and gender parity, we are aware of the limited racial diversity in our team and are committed to making a change on this. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.