Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a global social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, and presence in New York, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 300+ local governments and organizations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the ‘Best Social Impact Startup in Europe’, and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
Product Manager at CitizenLab
As Product Manager of one of our cross-functional squads, you will focus on one or more key objectives to turn our mission into a reality: build stronger democracies by making public decision-making more inclusive, participatory, and responsive.
- You identify, research, and trade off product opportunities that contribute to reaching our business objectives. You respond to emerging needs and requests, helping those around you to understand the value and trade-offs.
- You contribute a deep knowledge of our business context to the squad and a thorough understanding of our users and customers. You keep up to speed with market trends and our competitors.
- You collaborate closely with the product designer and engineers on your squad to discover effective solutions, and then work together to roll out the features to production. Together with the product marketeer, you ensure all teams are equipped for effective feature usage
- Your success is measured by product outcomes, not outputs. Delivering solutions is necessary, but results are far more important. You identify, track and analyse key product success metrics.
- You will need to be able to influence your squad, as well as colleagues and other stakeholders, through your use of data and logic.
- As an individual contributor in a scale-up context, your role will be hands-on. You wear many hats in a small team, roll up your sleeves, and do what’s needed to get the job done.
What do we expect from you?
- You have +3 years experience in (digital) Product Management in a SaaS environment and a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Experience with Civic or GovTech, or previous work experience in local government, are a big plus.
- You are able to develop a full understanding of a company’s business strategy and the market it operates in, and assess how a digital product can have the most impact.
- You are able to bring together many different perspectives and needs, discovering patterns and identifying signals through noise.
- You use evidence and identify trade-offs when communicating ideas, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders.
- You are comfortable and confident in a client-facing role. You are very fluent in English – additional European languages such as Dutch, French, German are a bonus.
- You are based in either the United States or Europe.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale through our open-source product. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid growth as scaleup (75 employees), and contribute to our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in our various in-person and remote team events, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 days off, a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Whilst we are proud of our cultural diversity and gender parity, we are aware of the limited racial diversity in our team and are committed to making a change on this. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.