Arcade is looking for a talented Design Leader to help us build and expand our performance engagement solutions. We are pioneering gamification for the workplace, helping make work more exciting for everyone — from the desk workers within sales teams, to delivery drivers out in the field, to floor workers within warehouses. Create the toolkit that will bring more competition, collaboration, and fun to the modern workforce.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Manage multiple project timelines and deliverables both at a Leadership level and within the design team.
- Actively own and improve the visual and interaction design components and UI patterns that make up the Arcade design system.
- Maintain a shared component library in Figma and Storybook to serve multiple teams in the organization.
- Identify potential design gaps, ideate new features and proactively address innovative solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Marketing to execute on our roadmap and drive our iterative design process forward.
- Coach and mentor design team members to design experiences, interactions, and features that improve product value for continued growth and success.
- Contribute to design thinking at the company, resulting in tangible improvements across our portfolio of products – as well as to how we approach and solve customer problems.
- Own UX and foundational research. Gather insights to inform the company strategy & product roadmap and socialize through the company.
- Effectively communicate and present solutions to user problems across the organization.
What Will You Bring To The Team?
- 5+ years of experience with UX methods, UI/UX design, or human subjects research & experimental design
- Previous experience building and managing a team of design and UX professionals.
- Experience defining UI patterns that can be integrated or repurposed across multiple products and user flows.
- You have worked with design software (Sketch/Figma) and additional tools that allow modern design teams to develop and maintain a design system.
- You can work independently in a structured way to make progress despite ambiguity.
- You have deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations.
- You are excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product.
- You possess excellent and written communication skills. You are comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary
- Stock options package
- Live and work remote.
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 20 days of PTO + 10 company paid holidays
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage +
- Health Savings Accounts
Retirement 401K program
Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness insurance options available
Arcade helps you build teams that are highly productive and engaged. Every day companies rely on Arcade to boost the motivation, performance, and retention of their workforce. Through streamlined communication, employee recognition, and gamified incentives, Arcade strategically focuses employees towards the actions and behaviors that move the needle for their organization.
Founded in 2017, by two ambitious Australians, Arcade is at the forefront of building performance engagement solutions for the modern workforce. As a venture-funded, growth-focused startup, we raised $4.5M in Growth Seed funding in June 2021. Headquartered in Dallas, TX we’re a highly motivated team of ~25 distributed across the US and Australia.