About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll help Passport’s User Experience team create the intuitive experiences for our internal employees, clients, and customers that enable them to quickly complete their tasks. You’ll get to build experiences for mobile apps that citizens use to park; back-office software that cities use to manage their parking; and responsive websites that citizens use to pay their citations and manage their permits. You’ll also be working on and leading projects from concept until launch. This means you’ll be responsible for researching, designing, testing, and measuring the success of the experiences you create.
About our Team
The User Experience team at Passport is small but mighty! We’re an ambitious and growing team within Passport’s Product organization that’s passionate about bringing a user-first approach to everything we touch. We meet regularly to share work, provide feedback, whiteboard, and collaborate. Our team loves spending time together, so we also enjoy connecting with each other about non-work things!
- Create low fidelity wireframes and high fidelity prototypes to gain consensus from partners, stakeholder and clients
- Help maintain Passport’s Design Systems which will include Visual and Interaction Design Standards
- Help organize and facilitate Design Thinking Workshops to empathize with users, understand their journey, challenge assumptions, define the problem to solve, and create and test solutions
- Create personas to better understand and identify our software users
- Build journey maps to understand how our users interact with our product and the challenges they are facing
- Test your wireframes or prototypes with users to make sure the experience is intuitive and addressing the users’ needs
Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Owners, and Engineers on our consumer-facing mobile app and our client-facing back office software
- Help establish success metrics and use insights gathered from metrics to inform design creation and enhancements to designs once launched
- Help define best practices for user research and usability testing at Passport by using qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Help conduct user research to understand the needs of our users and to make sure the right problem is being solved
- 5+ years experience in a User Experience role such as User Researcher, Product Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or Content Design
- Experience with researching methodologies like usability testing and user interviews
- Experience with Design Thinking methodologies, Personas, and Journey Mapping
- Strong visual design, information architecture, and interaction design skills
- Self-starter able to work well in a team or independently
- Excellent team player with strong leadership and influencing skills
- Experience using rapid prototyping and design software like Adobe XD, Axure, Figma, InVision, or Sketch
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly to stakeholders
- Background in working on User Experience teams with Product Design, Content Design, and User Researcher type roles
- A willingness to speak for the user and an understanding of when to push back on behalf of the user
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment but willing to take the initiative to add structure when appropriate
- Ability to balance and support multiple efforts and meet deadlines
- An understanding of accessibility best practices
- Passionate about delivering amazing user experiences
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of complex products and their use cases
You have an entrepreneurial mindset and an urge to challenge the status quo. You speak up in an environment that values speaking up, and you are a skilled listener and collaborator capable of engaging diverse viewpoints to implement the best solution. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and enjoy working directly alongside product and engineering teams. Above all, you’re excited to join, contribute to, and grow the User Experience team at Passport!
What You’ll Get
- Competitive pay according to Passport’s market-driven pay bands
- Flexible Time Off
- Fun and Focused Fridays – No meetings on Fridays! Plus you get every other Friday off to focus on your non-work life!
- Paid sick leave
- Generous parental leave benefits
Passport sets cities in motion, helping to create more livable, equitable communities. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport is a transportation software company, delivering the operating system that enables cities to manage vehicle interactions with streets and sidewalks. With Passport, city leaders increase convenience, efficiency and compliance today and tomorrow. Trusted by more than 1,200 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists, and was named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2020.
We are keenly focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – in short, we are passionate that all people deserve to have a sense of Belonging at Passport. We are so passionate about this that we created Passport WeBelong which is an internal group of employees from all teams, levels, and backgrounds across Passport who serve to educate and guide Passport in being an employer of choice for all people.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.