Blenderbox is hiring an experienced UX Designer / Researcher with exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into well-executed customer-focused solutions and experiences.
We seek seasoned professionals who understand technology, content modeling and possess a rich toolbox of Human-centered Design practices required for delivering successful UI/UX for web-based applications.
The successful candidate will thrive working within agile, cross-functional teams and proactively contribute subject matter expertise.
This is a USA-based, full-time remote position and requires a truly detail-oriented and organized approach.
You will be working with talented people who are forward-thinking and compassionate.
We operate within a system of transparency and open communication that accelerates progress and allows for a healthy work / life balance.
- Conduct user and stakeholder interviews and research
- Create human-centered experiences and designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Develop and refine UX-related artifacts: research synthesis, persona profiles, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, low fidelity mockups based on business requirements
- Carry out an assessment of existing information architecture and identify areas for improvement, including content inventories and audits
- Plan and design the information architecture for a website, app or digital product
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members and facilitate feedback / technical feasibility sessions of proposed design approaches
- Contribute UX / UI design expertise in client meetings and communications
- Proactively and clearly communicate design risks and tradeoffs to the team and client stakeholders
- Ensure the voice of the customer is present by incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design
- Perform metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- 5+ years experience in a User Experience Designer role or equivalent delivering digital experiences
- Significant and demonstrable experience in UX research, UI design, human computer interaction
- Proficiency with tools of the trade (ie; Miro, Figma)
- Expertise in content modelling
- Experience with popular web content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Ability to create interface design systems and design reusable component libraries
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Practical experience with Google G-Suite (or Microsoft Office)
- US Citizen or authorized to work in the US
Nice to Have
- Educational background in related disciplines
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Full coverage for Health Care, Dental, Vision
- FSA, HSA coverage options
- 401K & Pension Plan with employer contributions of at least 5%
- 20 days of PTO, 11 Holidays, 5 Wellness Days
- Home office improvement budget
- Career growth and professional development coaching / support
- Company-provided laptop/computer
- 100% virtual work environment – all team members are remote
Blenderbox is a values-based virtual agency with subject matter experts distributed around the United States with headquarters in New York City. We have over 20 years of experience building websites and applications for mission-driven organizations, primarily for nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations.
Our culture is one of inclusion, transparency and pride. Our team works cross-functionally and collaboratively on a diversity of projects that are reflective of our shared core values.