The Product Designer role at LVNDR health is an end-to-end design position working with a talented team that is making LGBTQIA+ sexual healthcare more functional, equitable, and accessible.
You will play a key role in gathering insights into the needs and experiences of our users, and be boots on the ground in the process of transforming those insights into validated solutions, testable prototypes, and finally pixel-perfect user interfaces.
As a Product Designer you will help to drive the process of understanding user needs, facilitate ideation during discovery, validate ideas through user testing, design detailed user interfaces, and collaborate with the engineering team to ensure that your work is implemented to a high quality. Once features are shipped, you’ll be a part of testing our product to build confidence that it meets requirements, and iterating what exists towards the delivery of greater outcomes.
We understand that this is a wide range of skills and activities! It’s OK to be more heavily developed in one specific area but be driven to learn at a fast pace and enthusiastic about developing your abilities. You’re experienced, ambitious, and driven by your desire to deliver work with a meaningful and measurable positive impact on the health and lives of the LGBTQ+ community.
We are looking for a London-based individual, with full UK working rights.
What you will do
- Engage in discovery and design processes along all parts of the agile product lifecycle, from understanding a problem and modelling a user through to high fidelity usability testing.
- Drive forwards a hypothesis driven process articulating questions and understanding how to find and validate answers with data
- Work on discovery processes in close collaboration with the VP of product and leadership team, designing and conducting user research, performing analysis and synthesis on those data collected, modelling users and understanding their experiences in ways which drive meaningful product and feature development.
- Design and deploy workshops both with internal and external stakeholders
- Work on and put into practice co-creation processes alongside members of the community, clinicians, public health commissioners, and other stakeholder groups
- Explore, test and iterate design solutions at all levels of fidelity from wireframes to Figma (or similar) prototypes, to pixel perfect final designs
- Produce flows, prototypes and final designs at all levels of fidelity
- Work alongside the engineering team on implementation
- You’re fascinated with and driven by human-centred design principles and processes.
- You have a strong understanding of discovery, user research, and ideation processes founded on practical experience – you’ve done it before and you’re honing your craft.
- You can demonstrate a track record of delivering design work at all levels of fidelity
- You’re an excellent communicator and your interpersonal skills drive your ability to collaborate both with members of the product team and external stakeholders.
- A strong portfolio to showcase your design and delivery skills
- You’re a self starter who is able to respond to a startup environment where things are fast paced and every team member must be trusted to take responsibility for delivering their work to a high standard.
- You’re organised with a strong ability to take your work and that of others and add it to a growing and structured body of organised knowledge
- You’re able to conceptualise and structure a consistent visual design system – establishing and documenting repeatable patterns and processes which can be picked up and re-used by colleagues and collaborators
- You have demonstrable knowledge and experience in:
- Designing and deploying customer research processes
- Synthesis of insights from primary research
- Delivering prototypes both in low and high fidelity
- Delivering wireframes
- Delivering high fidelity User Interfaces
We’re especially excited if you…
- Are driven by a strong desire to support the LGBTQIA+ community in achieving equity of care and outcomes in sexual health. Our diverse team is made up of both queer individuals and allies
- Are equally as comfortable running a co-creation workshop or design sprint as you are producing high fidelity UI designs or building prototypes
- Are enthusiastic, driven, and take joy in your work
- Competitive Salary & Equity Package
- L&D Budget and growth opportunities
- Set up for success – Budget to perfect your remote set-up & equipment provisioning.
- Hybrid working arrangements and flexible working hours
- Central London Office for use as you see fit
- Work policies that are considerate of your individual needs and are in service of your best interest
- Working alongside a team of LGBTQIA+ and culturally diverse individuals who champion uniqueness and are supportive of one another
- Team Activities and Adventures!
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with:
- Your CV
- Access to your portfolio
- Contact details