Our mission is to build the financial superapp for the frontline worker.
Wagestream is the global leader in Earned Wage Access (EWA). We partner with employers to give employees instant access to their earnings, and prevent them ever having to go into debt between pay cycles.Today we serve 1m+ employees globally across some of the largest organisations in the UK, Spain, Australia and USA including Co-Op, the NHS, Greene King, Bupa, and Halford’s.
We are expanding from EWA to offer our users better, cheaper and fairer financial services. We were founded for a social purpose; to reduce the poverty premium. We know our users – frontline workers – pay more for credit, insurance and utilities than those on higher incomes: it’s not fair, and we have the data, skills and will to fix it. Today we already offer users savings, financial coaching and access to a range of tools including helping people maximise their state benefits.
Wagestream works in cross-functional squads. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for the Financial Superapp squad. The squad is made up of product managers, designers, engineers (frontend and backend) and sector leads in Insurance and Credit.
You’ll play a leading role across the product lifecycle of strategy, discovery, delivery and optimization. You will work both with the team within your squad and across the organization with marketing, comms, regulatory, compliance, legal etc.
Product & Engineering work together closely using a Kanban-style approach in fast build-measure-learn cycles.
What will you be doing?:
As Senior Product Manager, you’ll be working on products across five pillars of financial services: insurance, credit, deposits, assets and payments. You’ll be responsible both for delivering the current roadmap and leading discovery and delivery of new features to expand our offering. As we are early in our journey, this is an opportunity to play a key role in both building and executing the vision.
You’ll be accountable for the success of your products, and have the resources, both internal and external to achieve your goals. Other responsibilities also include:
- Leading user, customer and desktop research
- Partnering with design and engineering to scope the product
- Managing a team of engineers to execute
- Partnering with data analysts to optimize, iterate and improve
You’ll also have the opportunity to work with and mentor other Product Managers, helping them in their career development.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3-5 years working in Product, as a product manager or related role
- Worked at a high-growth, consumer-facing startup
- Worked in regulated financial services, such as banking, insurance, consumer credit, where you’ve got under the skin of how financial products are managed
- Worked with mobile engineering teams
- A track record of impact on key company metrics – you get excited about executing, not just strategy
- Management experience is not essential – you’ll begin as an individual contributor, though there will be scope to take on a management role in the future.
This role might be for you if:
- You’re passionate about building better, fairer financial services
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and are excited by the fact we’re starting from scratch and don’t have the answers
- You like leading your own projects – you’ll report to the squad lead but be expected to drive your own initiatives
- You like working cross functionally
- You love working closely with engineers
- You like moving ideas from concept to tangible outcomes
- You value speed of execution
- You like the chaos of the early stages
Salary: £70,000 – £90,000 + bonus + equity
- You’ll receive £250 “home office allowance” to buy anything to get your home office comfortable
- State of the art, brand new equipment – from Apple MacBooks, 34″ curved monitors and Wagestream Swag!
- We’ll help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities; most of the team work “core hours” to allow touchpoints with their team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds
- We offer 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
- We will support you with your career endeavours: you’ll have access to our learning partner platform – SkillerWhale
- We want to invest in you financially, so we have a pension scheme with Aviva
- If you love cycling as much as we do, keep yourself physically fit with our Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- And after a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all – with membership to The Wine Society. (They also do gin and beer!)
- We want everyone to achieve “zen mastery” with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
- For the days when meditation isn’t enough, you’ll have access to Spill – free mental health support on the go.
- And the best benefit of all… Free access to the Wagestream service – naturally!