At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store. A store where everything suits you, fits you and works with what you already own. A store that gives you confidence in the choices you are making, inspires you to step out of your comfort zone, and helps you feel your best every time you get dressed.
Over 1 million people (and counting!) use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop. There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way.
We’re hiring a Product Designer to work directly on innovating the future of clothes shopping. You’ll need to think deeply about our users, design experiences that help them achieve their goals, and interfaces that are easy to use as well as beautiful. You’ll report to our Head of Product and work in a cross-functional product squad focussed on innovating the core UX of how people discover great clothes for them.
Understand our users in detail
- Collaborate with PM on user research to develop a deep understanding of who our users are and their jobs-to-be-done, needs, and desires
- Bring this insight and empathy to all projects
Develop experiences that solve user problems
- Understand users’ jobs-to-be-done and innovate new solutions that solve them as thoroughly as possible, creating new experiences in the process rather than just designing what other e-commerce sites do
- Take ideas from concept stage to validated UX, iterating rapidly via sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
Deliver simple, beautiful UI design
- Make the interface so simple it feels like the solution was obvious
Bring a high degree of taste and visual design to every project
Help your squad succeed
- Participate in the non-design aspects of being on a cross-functional product squad, such as brainstorming, prioritisation, retros, QA/testing, etc.
- Support other squad members during projects
- Make the squad better by suggesting ways to operate more effectively and efficiently
- You should have roughly 3+ years experience as a Product Designer
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced, iterative, results-oriented team.
- You’re well versed in using prototypes and minimum viable tests to iterate towards amazing experiences
- Ideally you have experience working as an embedded Product Designer on a cross-functional product squad
- Native mobile experience is a plus
Talented Product Designers can work anywhere, so why choose us?
- Opportunity to become recognised as one of the leaders in your field through playing a key role in the future growth of an innovative, high-profile startup
- Be part of a values-led team that is working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck
- Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment with lots of autonomy and independence
- We’re looking for people who want to help shape the broader company and culture. Being part of the Thread team is an interactive experience – we all help to evolve the culture
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
- Staff discount
- Flexible benefits platform where you can choose your own perks!