Boost is hiring a Product Designer to help us build tools for the future of work. We’re building an all-in-one tool that helps Gen Z run their side hustles. Half of Gen Zers earn money as creators, gig workers, and resellers. These young moguls manage multiple income streams and have complex financial needs, but no tools to serve them. Yet. That’s where we come in. Boost helps side hustlers and creatives confidently manage their business finances in one place, so they can focus on creating art, making money, and living their best lives.
About the Role 🚀
You will be instrumental in bringing the first version of our product to market and establishing the foundation for future growth. Our team is a fully distributed team, but we do require a substantial overlap with one of the four timezones in the contiguous United States.
- Design and prototype high-fidelity flows with clear documentation detailing the rationale behind design choices.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Collaborate across operations and engineering teams to ship high-quality experiences that solve our users’ problems.
- Define and document design decisions to optimize our internal process.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions, design reviews, and iterations during sprints.
About You 👤
- You know what you’re getting into, and the prospect of joining a small and growing team excites you.
- You understand the startup mindset. You are comfortable with uncertainty and remain adaptable in what you do. You seek to build quick iterations and learn fast. You’re used to being scrappy and can function in a way that is nimble and resourceful. You seek growth.
- You want ownership over your work and can function independently. You want more responsibility and accountability doesn’t scare you. You want to drive impact in your particular area of expertise on the product.
- You’ve effectively worked on small and close-knit teams. You’re comfortable having little support structure but know what it looks like and feel empowered to build it.
- You’re motivated by impact and the opportunity to create something new. You care about what you build and want to create with efficiency.
- You’re user-driven in what you do. You’re comfortable and eager to meet customers and want to develop an empathetic understanding of their problems to ensure we’re building the right solutions.
Your Technical Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of designing user experiences across platforms (web, desktop, and mobile).
- Product ownership. You can do user research, synthesize, ideate, prototype, and deliver high-fidelity designs for implementation.
- A deep desire to understand user needs, clearly define solutions and deliver those through thoughtful design.
- Previous startup experience (you have thrived in an unstructured, ambiguous environment)
- HTML & CSS Knowledge
- You are a Figma advocate and you are part of different design communities.
- Experience designing mobile fintech apps
About Boost 🎈
We envision a world where everyone can make a living doing what they love. Without stress, unnecessary headaches, or financial insecurity getting in the way of that dream. To reach this ideal world, we’ve made it our mission to empower side hustlers with the tools and support they need to reach that place of security.
We are backed by early-stage VCs, like Precursor Ventures, The House Fund, January Ventures, Collab Capital, Super Angel Fund, and more.
Benefits of Joining Us
- Remote-first culture
- 100% paid healthcare options for employees
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Shape company culture and product
- $3500 expense to buy computer and WFH setup
- 401(k) with company match