What We’re Looking For
If you want to make a real difference in the world and believe that since planetary resources are limited, we must manage our natural environment with care and respect;
If you are entrepreneurial by nature and enjoy both strategy and ‘getting-your-hands-dirty’;
This job is for you.
Earth Blox is a ‘for purpose’ company, offering a planetary-scale-data, no-code, solutions builder to support positive action towards achieving the sustainable goals. We believe that to address climate change mitigation and sustainability goals at scale, intelligence has to be accessible at scale.
As Head of Product, you will drive forward Earth Blox’s positive impact in the world by shaping our product and roadmap.
You will represent our customers’ voices, be our product visionary, a team champion, and a strategic leader (discovering what users need, prioritising what to build next, and rallying the Earth Blox team around the product vision and roadmap). You will also be involved in maximising the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog, creating user stories and communicating the voice of the customer in the development process. This includes not only our current product and technology stack but looking forward to our exciting plans with:
- delivering a customer-driven and ultra-intuitive user experience and interface
- additional data
- developing algorithms
- exploring the benefits that AI and Machine Learning methods will bring to our customers
- and helping people improve the way the planet and its resources are cared for
As product manager your responsibilities will be holistic and encompass the entire product lifecycle — from customer discovery to product delivery. With support from the CEO and the exec team, you will drive the product strategy by understanding customer needs, the product, and the overall market as well as maximising the value of the product by guiding the work of the Development Team.
This is a role directly reporting to the CEO, with real influence on the direction of the company, and the benefits and compensation are set to match the ideal candidate.
High level responsibilities
– Product Management: Product vision. Customer discovery. Cross-team alignment. Feature prioritization.
– Product Ownership: Optimizing the development process. Turning the product vision into an actionable backlog. Advocating for the customers’ needs to the development team.
More specifically, this will involve strategic input, including:
– In collaboration with CEO, defining the vision and strategy for our product and the roadmap of how they will evolve over the coming few years
– As we grow, hiring, leading and managing the team which designs and builds the product including engineers, content creators, behavioural researchers and designers
– Making sure that the product is developed in a systematic and orderly way
– Discovery and analyses of users need through user research unveiling critical insights.
– Alignment of team around a cohesive product roadmap.
– Selection of features to build next based on market research and market value
– Delivery of features that function and delight customers.
– Champion the team, partners, and external stakeholders to ensure alignment around overall strategy and direction of the product.
As well as day to day hands-on work, including:
– Turning of customer pains and problems into actionable user stories, prioritize the user stories, and arranges user stories in the product backlog.
– Construct and prioritisation of production processes to ensure that the development team is clear on what to work on next.
– Attendance at product development meetings to ensure that development work is aligned with the roadmap.
– Communicating the voice of the customer to the exec and development teams.
– Communicating the validated roadmap to the team
– Managing the product roadmap: collecting user stories, both internal and external, raising these in our internal systems and ensuring relevance and priority of each.
– Managing the UI and UX, either suggesting UI/UX development based on evidence or working with design teams (as we grow) to ensure UX is the best it can be and updated/improved constantly
– Prioritising and managing the product backlog
– Prioritising and managing change requests including questioning priority and value of each, and relevance to stage of production – against potential for additional delivered value.
– Identifying and implementing improvements in data structure, gathering maintenance and delivery.
– Developing, negotiating and signing off on sprint plans.
– Leading product planning sessions with the development team.
– Developing acceptance tests – via wireframes and prototypes – and ensuring these are conducted and passed.
– Reporting on progress and priorities (roadmap, performance, priorities and stage of implementation) to all stakeholders.
– Translating technical concepts to/from non-technical language which can be understood by all stakeholder
Skills and experience you will need:
– We would consider a minimum of 3 years experience in product management, but ideally we’re looking for 5-7 years experience (in 2-3 Product Manager roles in at least 2 businesses).
– Strong systems thinking. You can quickly understand the market, how it’s changing, our current position in it, and the opportunities to grow. You can then translate that into a product vision, architecture, roadmap and initiate action at scale to deliver it
– Strong technical architecture skills (cloud and product) to engage with the teach team on product development, including experience of agile development packages e.g. Asana, Jira
– Proven track record of execution with tangible business results. You’ve built and owned SaaS and cloud based products before and are commercially driven (Experience scaling up a SaaS product is desired) with experience working with scalable Cloud platforms such as AWS. Google Cloud, MS Azure being ideal
– Knowledge of, and a strong interest in planetary and big data, including Earth Observation, is a plus
– If you’re excited about multi-dimensional challenges and building things that have a deep impact on the world, we’d love to hear from you.
– You deeply understand the different tools around product management, know when to apply them and can coach others in their use
– You can coach others and grow the next generation of product leaders in the organisation
– Experience in growing successful product teams, creating processes to execute and influence the whole company
– Communication skills that go all the way from inspiring teams internally, to communicating vision and direction to the board and investors
– Instrumental role in a scaling startup, investor-funded environment is desired
– Experience with creating and driving a usable yet sophisticated product experience vision with design
How to apply
If this sounds like a place where you can achieve your best work then we’d love to hear from you! In order to apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t tick all of the points above but you’re passionate about the role then just let us know, we’re keen to hear from you and we recognise that your CV is only one small part of the picture.
Quosient is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Black, Indigenous, and people of colour; women, queer people, and all gender identities, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.