For full job description, head to our Notion: Alpher Careers.
The growth engine of women’s wealth.
Female wealth accumulation is at an all time high, growing at 1.5x the rate of men. Retail investing is growing at unprecedented levels, with no signs of slowing. Yet, investment platforms remain heavily male dominated.
We’re building Alpher, a female first investment platform. Alpher will reshape the way women think about investing. Our three pillared solution will provide the support networks women currently lack to build investment confidence, combined with an investment solution built to enable women to accumulate wealth over the long term, whilst meeting the goals and values they aspire to.
Why Join Alpher?
You are ambitious – you’ll fit in well at Alpher if you are looking to accelerate your career to the next level, stepping outside your comfort zone and joining an early stage company that puts hard work and ambition above all other factors when it comes to progression. What we can achieve at Alpher does not have a ceiling.
You are ready to create impact – the vision we have a Alpher is huge, with potential to have direct positive impact on the lives of millions of women across the world. Never has it been a better time for a product like Alpher to exist. This is your chance to step into a company with a huge mission that excites you every day.
You are entrepreneurial – perhaps you are looking to start a company yourself at some point? Joining Alpher at it’s earliest stage is the perfect space to get the hands-on experience of the (endless) ups and downs involved with building an early-stage company from the ground-up.
You are ready to make new relationships – not only will you be part of the close-knit team setting out to build Alpher, but we also want our team to build new relationships externally. We encourage our team to get out to industry events and organise their own events; embedding yourself with other experts in your role. We understand the importance of having a strong network – we will do what we can to ensure every member of Alpher has the opportunity to do so.
About The Role.
- As our first product designer, and member of our founding team, you will play a central role taking the vision we have at Alpher and bringing it to life.
- Working closely with the Founder, Operations Lead and Lead Engineer, you will lead all elements of the design process, from ideation to testing, across the three core pillars of the product.
- You will be responsible for designing a beautiful & differentiated app that taps into the female psyche and embodies our company brand.
- You will work with our beta testers to collect and evaluate user requirements, leveraging their feedback to make continuous app improvements.
- You will help to build out the product team through hiring and mentoring new employees.
👉🏻 Requirement: Experience in designing world-class complex commercial mobile applications. Even better if you have previously worked in a fast growing fintech.
Qualities that will power you to excel at Alpher:
- Values-driven: You align with our company’s vision, sharing our passion to tackle the gender investment gap.
- Ambitious: You’re an energetic product designer with experience in all stages of UI / UX for mobile applications. You’re hungry for career growth and are ready to work in a fast paced startup where you can play a lead role in shaping the business.
- Independent: You are able to hit-the-ground running from the moment you join, without needing constant instruction or oversight.
- Dynamic: You thrive in a small team, proactively share your ideas and are happy to get stuck in with everything around product design and branding.
- Proficient: You’re experienced in using design tools and can quickly produce wireframes or prototypes of an appropriate fidelity to test designs.
- Creative: You love designing products that combine strong branding with stunning aesthetics and have high standards for the work you produce.
- Empathetic: You are able to put yourself in the shoes of our users to deliver a female first investment product. You will help us take users on a journey, enabling them to navigate the seemingly complex world of investing with confidence.
- Even Better If: you have a demonstrated entrepreneurial flair. Perhaps you founded your own company in the past, have a side hustle, or get involved advising friends or ex-colleagues on their businesses where you can.
- Competitive salary and equity – negotiable based on experience. We’re looking for the best to join Alpher, so we use a data-driven approach to ensure that we’re offering competitive salary & equity packages.
- Generous pension contribution – we are focused on long term investing. We want to put your pension in the best position now so you can enjoy the future you deserve.
- £500 annual learning and development budget – this is for you to spend the way you want, and does not need to have direct relation to your current role.
- 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holiday) – take them all.
Hybrid working style – we typically spend 3-4 days a week together at the office. We are strong believers that brainstorming in person cannot be replicated remotely.
- Technical equipment – we will invest in the stuff you need to do your job properly.
- Regular team off-sites – we believe it’s important to get the team together outside the office.
- We are flexible on other benefits – we are all at different stages in life, and appreciate different things. It’s not up to us to decide what they are for you. We give you the power to choose what you want through our flexible benefits scheme.