Full time or Part Time vacancy available
Edit are on a journey to transform their engagements through product thinking and focus on what clients really need, delivering tangible outcomes in regular increments which drive valuable impact!
To do that we’re looking for product thinkers who can unite teams around the changes in behaviour required to make the impact and deliver value above and beyond what the client is asking for.
Do you focus on outcomes over outputs? Do you prefer small bets over big builds? Are you someone who falls in love with the problem before they consider a solution?
If so, we want to hear from you!
You will be leading responsible for delivering value across multiple accounts by empowering the teams to discover and deliver desirable, viable and feasible solutions in an iterative fashion. You’ll be focused on translating the vision into reality, shortening the feedback loops and making a measurable impact.
This will involve:
· Asking what the vision of success looks like, and how it will be measured
· Defining and developing the strategy required to realise that vision in collaboration with Client Services, Strategic and Marketing Architects and Engineering
· Remaining cognisant of relevant technical, strategic and business constraints
· Translating the strategy into an iterative, yet realistic roadmap
· Championing an iterative ‘thin sliver’ approach giving the client incremental value with short feedback cycles
· Clearly shaping, expressing and ordering backlog to maximise the value delivered
· Ensuring the roadmap and backlog are visible, transparent and clear to all, clearly showing what the team will work on next
· Collaborating with the team to generate and understand backlog items such that they have an adequate supply of high value work coming to draw from for the next iteration
· Challenging the team to self-organise around developing high quality solutions
· Evaluating product increments produced and accepting work as ‘done’ or rejecting where appropriate
· Pursuing the measurement of impact being made by the increments delivered and evaluating the strategy / roadmap / backlog accordingly
· Working closely with Client Services to represent the voice of the client, their interests and definition of success within the team
· Setting and maintaining client’s expectations with clear business-focused acceptance criteria and presenting results and challenges in client-facing sprint reviews
· Working alongside the Scrum Master (or Delivery Lead performing this role), playing an active role in mitigating impediments blocking the team
· Coaching the craft of product thinking, helping the team and wider agency understand:
o How to focus on the problem over solutions, outcomes over output and people over processes
o The importance of shared understanding
o The power of hypotheses and bets
o What it means to measure results and impact
· Championing an Agile mindset and best practices – internally and externally (esp. with clients who may not always be familiar and may exhibit pushback)
What we’re looking for:
· Demonstrable experience as a product manager performing the product owner role
· Demonstrable experience leading product discovery and developing strategy
· Familiarity with analytics, data and using insights to make decisions
· Demonstrable experience of applying product thinking and product management techniques in complex situations
· Self-aware with a learner’s mindset and a willingness to be wrong!
· Stubborn on product principles but flexible on how they are worked out
· Strong understanding of Agile mindset and associated practices
· Appreciation of what it means to work in an agency environment
· A love of clarity and strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa
· Ability and desire to bring people together to solve problems, make decisions and embrace opportunities
· Coaching / mentoring experience
· Comply with all relevant legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies;
· Engage in continuous personal development;
· Promote the vision and values of the company;
· Accurate and timely completion of timecards on a weekly basis if required in your role
We offer an environment that’s fun, supportive, and nurtures curiosity. Our benefits package includes a pension, life assurance, flexible working, wellness reward programmes, critical illness cover, and private healthcare.
We are committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and actively celebrate diversity, so welcome applicants from all minority and ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ candidates, and candidates with disabilities (please let us know if you require assistance at any stage to accommodate your needs).
If you are passionate about the role and great at what you do, then we would love to hear from you! Simply click the ‘Apply’ button or for further information, contact our People Team on email@example.com.