Please submit your application here: https://hala.link/job-iot-product-manager-apply-mind-the-product
Hala Systems, Inc. is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world’s toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
Our team works across the globe and hails from over 15 countries. We speak over 20 languages and have studied and worked in leading educational, business, research and government institutions. We are mission-driven thinkers, and we share a deep respect for each other and for the communities that partner with us.
We believe in innovation with purpose, focusing on developing real and applicable technology solutions to the challenges facing the planet. We believe in working ethically and collaboratively, and making decisions with transparency. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor.
The IoT Product Manager will lead the work of the cross-functional team responsible for effectively developing new IoT solutions that will help improve Hala stakeholders’ emergency response to human-made and natural disasters.
The IoT Product Manager will support us in effectively developing IoT products from inception to completion by understanding clients’ needs, generating product requirements, designing products, and communicating with stakeholders.
This is a full-time position open to candidates based in Europe with a yearly salary range of 85.000€-102.000€. This position is also open as a remote role available to candidates based in the United States willing to work East Coast hours, with a yearly salary range of $100,000-$120,000.
We’ll trust you to:
– Shape the long-term vision and product strategy with the Product Team.
– Dig into the opportunities and problems that are worth solving for our users and the business.
– Manage Hala’s IoT products throughout their lifecycle, including activities such as: researching opportunity spaces, creating product roadmaps, defining bets and features, planning go-to-market strategy, and planning product releases.
– Lead the Discovery process to shape ideas and narrow down problems
– Develop early prototypes with the engineering team and test them to inform design approaches.
– Define requirements for IoT products and work across all relevant engineering domains (mechanical and electrical design; firmware; software and systems architecture; etc) to deliver those products.
– Be able to understand the underlying technologies of Hala’s IoT products and work with the technical architects and Engineering leads.
– Oversee the dev cycle, take the product(s) to production.
– Responsible for coordinating, directing, and assigning tasks to the cross-functional delivery team.
– Responsible for ensuring a common understanding of product deliverables with the delivery team.
– Bring us closer to our users, be in constant dialog with them and improve product experiences based on these insights.
– Create and optimize processes to streamline product development.
– Maintain detailed knowledge of the market, technological and industry trends related to Hala’s IoT products and R&D business line.
– Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for new products.
– Assist with marketing plans, sales and volume forecasting, profit/loss calculations of Hala’s products and devising go-to-market strategies.
Who you are:
– A team player with a demonstrated ability to work with diverse team members across multiple time zones.
– A systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various technology stacks and overall project initiatives.
– Experienced in building new hardware products as well as innovating to expand impact and reach.
– A highly organized individual who is self-motivated. A values-driven, trustworthy, and honest person with a passion for helping people in need.
We’d love to see:
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field.
– 5+ years of product management experience delivering products from scratch.
– 3-5 years of experience in technology and knowledge of smart/connected products is a plus
– Extensive practical experience working directly with engineering and data teams.
– Hands-on prototyping experience and testing of incomplete products.
– Strong user focus and experience delivering high-quality IoT products.
– Familiarity with networking type of products and wireless technologies, WIFI, Bluetooth, LTE, 5G technology, and others.
– The ability to strategize effectively to meet deadlines and competing obligations.
– Ability to travel to the United States for coordination meetings with the product development team.
– Experience in leading, managing, and developing teams.
– Experience working with remote teams.
– Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
What Hala offers you:
– Life-saving social impact.
– Competitive salaries.
– Generous vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it. All staff take a minimum of 22 days off plus holidays, including a mandatory 2 week vacation.
– Comprehensive, world-wide healthcare, dental and vision insurance for you and your family at no cost to you.
– Paid parental leave.
– Flexible working policy, including the ability to work from home.
– Computer and other office equipment to help you get your job done.
– Relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets for eligible positions.
– A diverse, international community of dedicated, hardworking team players committed to interdisciplinary collaboration and a thriving workplace culture.
– Opportunities for international travel, including to program locations and satellite offices.
If there’s something important to you that isn’t on this list, please ask!
What happens next:
We will review applications and reach out to candidates advancing to the interview stage by February, 2022. You should expect a phone screen, followed by several interviews with team members and the supervisor for this role, concluding with the opportunity to speak with both of our co-founders.
You will receive confirmation that your application was received, and you’ll also hear back from us whether you’re selected for an interview or not. Please note that we are unable to offer individualized feedback before the first interview round due to the volume of applications we receive.