About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world’s leading student loyalty network. We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market. Featured in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2020, a list of the fastest-growing private tech companies in Britain, Student Beans consistently innovate to offer new solutions that satisfy our consumers and drive ROI for our clients.
About the role
As a result of our incredible success and growth, we are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join us in the Strategic part of our Data Team. Responsibilities include:
- Optimising Looker as a data product in the business
- Providing clean, tested, intuitive and well-documented datasets which will enable business and data users to use our data via Looker and other tools
- Advising on and integrating new data sources, modelling them to achieve clean, intuitive data sets that meet business requirements
- Reviewing and advising on data models and developments from other members of the data team
- Leading future developments
- Working closely with Data Engineers who are responsible for our Redshift DWH, DBT and the ETL process to ensure data structures and content within Redshift are fit for purpose, then building and developing Looker models using that data.
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have…
- Experience developing Looker
- Excellent SQL skills
- An understanding of data warehousing, data modelling concepts and structuring new data tables
- Worked within a website and/or app focussed data role
- Stakeholder management experience
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good understanding of how to break down and explain complex technical concepts to business end users
Life at Student Beans
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary.
Remote first working environment, meaning you are not obligated to come into the office, you can choose the environment you think you excel best in!
- Flexi-time, including Flexi Fri-yay which gives you an opportunity to finish at 1.30pm!
- Focus on welfare – gym membership, wellness challenges, Mental Health First Aider and health cash plan
- Incredible partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino’s, Uber … to name a few!
For more information about starting a career with Student Beans, check out our career site below:
Due to the high volume of applicants we can only respond to shortlisted applicants. By submitting your application, you agree that Student Beans may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Our Applicant Privacy Notice explains what personal information and where we may process, our purposes for processing, and the rights you can exercise over Student Beans’ use of your personal information.