Your role: Product Manager – Financial Crime
Location: Remote – based in UK, Poland or Netherlands
Who we are
We are Fiat Republic, a London-based remote-friendly fintech, with a mission to bring banking to web3!
Our platform brings together crypto friendly banks allowing crypto platforms to easily create accounts in multiple currencies, access local payment rails and FX via a single API built with a developer-first ethos. With a strong focus on AML, compliance and security, we believe that ultimately we can convince even the largest global banks to start servicing crypto platforms via Fiat Republic.
Our team has deep expertise in banking and payments, and we all thrive on finding creative solutions to hard problems – we place a high value on focus, intellectual curiosity and excellence. We’re proud to have brought together a diverse team spanning multiple nationalities and value the different perspectives in thinking and problem solving that this brings. To make our vision a reality, we have raised seed funding from Tier 1 European VC’s and were a part of the 2021 cohort of Softbank’s Emerge Accelerator programme.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about Crypto and Data. You’ll be responsible for building greenfield tools that will leverage data to unify fiat and crypto transaction monitoring to help Fiat Republic mitigate crypto-linked financial crime. You’ll get to work with engineers and data specialists to build cutting edge technology that will form a core part of the Fiat Republic platform and underpin partnerships with the largest banks in the world.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Setting the vision and strategy for your area of the product
- Performing extensive product discovery to understand the state of the art of fiat & crypto monitoring and leading the ideation of possible solutions
- Creating and owning the product roadmap based on business objectives and KPIs
- Meeting regularly with all internal and external stakeholders including compliance, legal and banking to gather ideas and understand their needs
- Articulating product requirements and populating a prioritised product backlog with descriptive and accurate user stories
- Preparing wireframes and flow diagrams as required to support your user stories
- Working in partnership with engineering, brainstorming ideas together and ensuring developers always understand what needs to be built and the value it brings
- Leading your team’s agile development processes to deliver on the roadmap
- Continuously obsessing about improving the product based on qualitative and quantitative data and feedback from users
- Exploring opportunities to commercialise the tools built by your team
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience in a software product management role leading cross functional teams using agile development methodologies.
- You have at least once in your career built a software product from scratch.
- You have worked on risk and compliance related products and have experience with AML Monitoring technologies. Experience in crypto monitoring is a big plus.
- You understand the importance of using data to help identify trends to help fight financial crime.
- You understand and appreciate the importance of a good ‘compliance stack’ at a fintech and how to use this as a competitive advantage.
- You can think in terms of the big picture, but deliver on the details.
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike.
- You thrive in fast paced, ever-changing and highly ambiguous work environments where the answer to a question may not be immediately available and requires a great deal of persistence and perseverance to obtain.
- You’re naturally curious about solving customer problems and can quickly follow through on your ideas.
- You’re exceptionally good at synthesizing and communicating information.
- You’re a self-starter, capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision but are also a team player at heart.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in a rapidly growing company
- Remote-friendly company with option of working in the office or at a co-working space
- Opportunity to be a part of the next big thing right from the beginning
- Empowerment to take ownership at all levels and make high impact decisions
- Fun, collaborative and meritocratic culture with zero tolerance for politics
We are building a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, marital or parental status, ethnicity, neurotype, gender, sex or sexual orientation, religion or belief.