Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive.
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too.
The Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for Product Managers to join us on the journey to develop and build our offering for the future. As a Product Manager at Shawbrook, you’ll be at the core of our new way of working and will lead cross-functional teams to make an impact on our customers’ lives.
You’ll work across an area such as Platform Lending, Property Finance, Savings Web Experience, Customer Portals or Risk Decisioning, and will quickly become the go-to and accountable person for your area.
You’ll interact with a broad range of internal and external (including our customers, of course!) stakeholders to curate a product direction for your area, set ambitious goals with your business leaders and then prioritise thoughtfully to deliver the highest leverage initiatives.
- Understand what our users care about at a deep level. These users could be our current or future end customers, advisers who support our end customers, internal staff members, etc. – you’ll know more about them than anyone in the business.
- Ensure good feedback loops are in place. This will help us improve our current solutions and help develop future ones that grow with our customers. If there aren’t any or enough touch points, you’ll add them or directly contact our users.
- Define, debate and agree a product vision and strategy. This may be the most difficult exercise but is also the most important; you’ll take the lead on curating the strategy in your area of focus and ensure all voices are considered, resulting in one ‘source of truth’ that you and the team can run with.
- Build a roadmap that supports your squad’s goals and aligns to the strategy. You’ll be empowered to build, test and deliver against a product roadmap. This will encompass both software and non-software (e.g., process improvements) initiatives; you’ll figure out the best ways to deliver against your goals with your team.
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver value for our users. Your team will likely encompass engineering and design colleagues, but you also may need representatives from credit risk, legal or compliance depending on your ownership area. You’ll need to adapt your style to get the best out of everyone.
- Monitor and share your area’s core metrics, successes and failures. Our teams are agile and entrepreneurial, meaning that we encourage debate and are open to course-correcting if something isn’t working (or doubling down if it’s working very well!). As the PM, you’ll also be responsible for updates against outcomes to the business and senior execs.
- Support and elevate the broader Shawbrook Product function. You’ll do this through being an active member of a product chapter (e.g., Channels), sharing learnings, reviewing design briefs, line managing or mentoring other PMs, etc. You’ll help shape our relatively new team.
- You’ve built or scaled B2B/B2C SaaS products before as a PM.
- You have a start-up mindset but are comfortable working in and challenging established teams.
- You’re guided by data but make decisions in an honest, transparent and consistent way.
- You take pride in making the complex, simple.
- You’re comfortable working with technical and business teams (often both at the same time).
- You’re mission-driven and excited about helping us build the Next Generation Specialist!
Your Wellbeing – We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle – It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution – We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done