Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company with an audience of more than 13 million decision-makers across 22 competitive industries who rely on our exclusive insight and analysis delivered through our 25 publications. Building on the success of our proven business model, we’re growing our product team! Industry Dive is hiring product managers to focus on building game changing digital media products. We are looking for product managers with an understanding of digital media, news, marketers, and/or B2B audiences and are excited to build the next generation of products to support Industry Dive. You will be expected to manage the full product development lifecycle.
As the Product Manager for Audience, you’ll work closely with partners across Industry Dive to enable reader awareness, acquisition, engagement, revenue, and experience. Diligent, thoughtful, detail-oriented, innovative, and an analytical problem solver you enjoy leveraging technology to improve outcomes for customers, readers, and the business. As a self starter, you understand the bigger picture and take a leading role to impact it. You love working across different groups in a fast-paced environment, and you’re not afraid to embrace change. Inquisitive by nature, you love to learn, collaborate, ask questions, and be questioned.
Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to work. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company, and our customers and readers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrating an understanding of how Industry Dive products deliver value to our customers, readers, and our company while identifying ways our products could be improved to add further value
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders on product initiatives to gather inputs for successful delivery
- Articulating and shaping product strategy through a strong understanding of customer needs and business strategy
- Translating ideas into detailed and actionable product requirements, user stories, and communications
- Partnering with engineering to manage feature releases and backlog through planning, backlog grooming, and review
- Driving initiatives through documentation, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, usage analysis, and iteration
- Conducting user research, tests, surveys, and interviews to assess existing features, identify future ones and validate hypotheses
- Staying up to date with industry trends, competitive products and new capabilities to inform the product roadmap
- Translating technical challenges to non-technical colleagues, and vice-versa
- Developing a deep understanding of the data about how readers engage with our products and share that knowledge throughout Industry Dive to drive decisions
What You Need for this Position:
- 3+ years of end-to-end product management experience, experience with digital media or audience development a plus
- An understanding of consumer revenue, marketing technologies, and data analytics
- Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and product development ideas
- A passion for the user and outcome centered design and product development
- The ability to integrate as a team player and work cross-functionally; manage conflicting priorities and drive results with creative solutions
- Demonstrated & clear communication skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate product direction and value proposition to a spectrum of internal (e.g. editorial, sales, marketing, engineering, product design) and external audiences
- A sharp eye for detail
- Experience navigating the trade-offs necessary to deliver quality products on predictable timelines
- The ability to clearly articulate strategic product decisions and tie them to tactical tasks
- Experience using Jira, Asana or similar team-based project management software
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 23 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.