We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Retail crew. As our next Product Manager you will work closely with our designers, engineers and B2B marketing manager to help optimize the Metail Experience and explore innovative ways we can develop our product further. We’re looking for a great team player who is comfortable working with autonomy and thrives on leading without authority.
Coming from a product’s background, you will have a natural passion for product design, technology and understanding our customers. You will enjoy learning, demonstrate great influence and negotiation skills, while being able to hold your own when presenting to the wider team and company. This role will suit someone who is proactive and talented, looking for growth opportunities and who takes responsibility in building a successful product.
Day to day, you will be finding insights, creating hypotheses and helping our designers create experiments that improves our product for the end user. You’ll be managing the expectations of all the stakeholders internally, and some externally as well as reporting on your products progress to the whole company.
This role will require regular travel to our Tech HQ based in Cambridge.
- Managing the development of both new and existing products, both online and mobile
- Being the internal champion for the product and user
- Leading and communicating the product vision
- Being responsible for understanding customer needs and existing market
- Assessing the impact of potential developments, maintaining a prioritised product backlog, and release timeline
- Developing user stories and preliminary designs with our designers
- Analysing, understanding and monitoring the impact of any change to a product or new product
- Working with the Retail crew within Metail to develop and launch products to market
- Working with the Crew Director to translate company vision and strategy into actionable product plans
- Managing the relationship between internal and external stakeholders, meeting with and managing client expectations
What makes you our next Product Manager?
- You understand and have a passion for the problems we all have with shopping for clothes online!
- You have 3+ years experience as a Product Manager, using hypothesis driven approaches
- You will have 3+ years experience wireframing and usability testing
- You have experience working or a proven interest in the fashion/technology industry
- Considerable experience with data analysis and honed experiment set-up skills
- You have a track record of being flexible and eager to take on more responsibilities as the role grows
- You’re a self starter, personable people person with excellent communication skills
- You have excellent organisation skills and able to prioritise in fast moving agile environments
- Experience working within an agile framework, scrum or kanban
- You have proven experience working well with a technical team
What can Metail offer you?
- The chance to make a real difference in a fun startup environment.
- Competitive pay
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 8 days training per year and a generous budget.
- Sociable working environment.
- Annual travel card loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Great company culture with weekly cocktails and monthly company-wide drinks
- The chance to work alongside and learn from team members with a variety of different backgrounds including seasoned business professionals from the world of technology and fashion, PhDs, and bloggers.
A little bit more about Metail
The London Metail office is based in the heart of Aldgate East. Located in a redeveloped Victorian wool warehouse overlooking the East London skyline, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market and everything in between is within short walking distance. We’re a sociable team, often having lunch together or a Friday night cocktail. The London office plays host to the annual Christmas Party where Metail’s Christmas Bake Off has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology startup into a global brand used on websites across the world and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now.