We’re looking for a motivated Product Designer (UX/UI Designer) to help empower businesses to change the world and make investing accessible and rewarding for everyone. Crowdcube is one of the UK’s leading FinTech companies. Our clients are some of the most innovative businesses in the world, working on everything from sustainability to health and fitness.
The location for this role is hybrid remote with the requirement to travel to our Exeter or Cardiff UK offices on occasion, so please share how often you’d be prepared to travel in your cover letter.
Who we are:
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world. Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog and what3words.
What you will be doing:
As a Product Designer at Crowdcube, reporting to our Head of Design, your goal will be to create designs from initial concept all the way through to completion across our mobile app and website. It’s an opportunity to gain experience designing for an industry-leading technology company.
Day to day you will:
- Work through the full design process from sketching early concepts to creating high fidelity prototypes
- Use ‘Design Thinking’ tools and techniques to identify and solve problems for our users
- Collaborate with colleagues across Design, Product and Engineering
- Participate in user testing/research and use these insight to iterate on your designs
- Contribute to the design culture at Crowdcube
- Work in an open and team-focused environment
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in designing complex flows for both web and native apps
- Detailed knowledge of design software (preferably Figma, but not essential) including working with shared styles and components
- A user centred process that you’re able to confidently describe
- An understanding of interaction, usability and conversion best practises
- The ability to work with new and existing design/brand assets to create beautiful designs
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates the outcomes you achieved and how you achieved them
- The ability to sell your ideas to colleagues in a way that suits your communication style
- Commercial experience, either working with a product team or agency
Nice to haves:
- Experience of agile processes and ceremonies
- Experience running any type of user research from discovery to testing
- Experience of inclusive and accessible design practises
- Knowledge or experience of equity investing and working within a financially regulated business
- Animation skills
What we are offering:
We like to develop talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and committed, and we take care of our team:
- £32,000-45,000 per annum DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Plumm, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight – a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we’re working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a short task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. We aim to keep preparation time to a minimum. If we can make any adjustments to the hiring process to make things more inclusive for you please let us know via your application.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.