Gr4vy (pronounced Gravy), is a “no-code” cloud payments orchestration platform. Gr4vy’s mission is to become the platform-of-choice by which all retailers deploy payment infrastructure around the world. Founded by former PayPal fintech leaders, Gr4vy is set to disrupt the $4 Trillion global retail payment space by removing the complexity of merchants running their own payment infrastructure.
Having both raised a total of $27.2M in funding and nearly doubling our valuation in less than a year, it’s an exciting time to join the marketing team of this innovative B2B startup. You’ll have the opportunity to build with the best in the industry while driving Gr4vy’s product marketing strategy from the ground up.
You’re a forward-thinking self-starter who has experience translating customer insights into strong product positioning and marketing plans. As our team’s first product marketer, you will be responsible for telling the story of our unique product solutions and will communicate its value to key audiences. You’ll have experience building from scratch in a B2B environment and will be eager to roll up your sleeves to help us position our product within the marketplace.
In this role you will develop and execute product marketing strategies for both new product launches and existing solutions by working cross-functionally with the Gr4vy team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of market opportunity, customer segments, competitors, and offerings
- Develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging for products based on user research, market insights, and product knowledge.
- Partner with the product and commercial teams to set a go-to-market strategy, including targeted markets, product rollout and marketing strategy.
- Bring new products to market by taking the lead on marketing launches – planning, creating/managing deliverables, timelines and more to ensure maximum impact.
- Work closely with brand, creative and commercial teams to increase market presence and drive pipeline through key assets (case studies, video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc) to help improve win rates.
- Become a product subject matter expert, evangelist and cross-functional leader who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 3 years of product marketing experience for a B2B technology company
- Proven success launching new products
- Proven ability to create effective content and messaging across mediums
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to make strategic choices, specifically narrowing from a range of opportunities to highest impact near-term and long-term levers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving orientation with clear examples of using data actively to uncover customer insights and to drive experiments and recommendations.
- Tenacious about peeling the layers to understand customer behaviors and passionate about delighting customers at every touch point they have with Gr4vy
- Strong track record of leadership and influencing skills in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in fintech or the payments space
- Ability to split work time across BST/GMT (United Kingdom) time zone and Pacific (USA) time zone.
Why you’ll love working at Gr4vy
You’ll be joining at a truly momentous time in our company’s life cycle. We want your imprint on how the world experiences Gr4vy as the leader in the fast-growing cloud payments space. Come and bring your skills to a growing team of 30. You’ll influence, challenge and help build our inclusive culture and passion for equity. A global identity is in Gr4vy’s DNA, with employees currently spanning Europe, South America, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- We are fully remote – Work from the beach. Work in your pajamas. Work from the beach in your pajamas. We evaluate impact not time at desk.
- Amazing product with incredible traction. This is a rare opportunity to build something special
- Opportunity to learn and grow – we’re all infinite learners
Our Fine Print
We choose laughter first. Sometimes our standups veer into debates about food, family (furballs included), and unlimited lifehack fails. We’re committed to learning, to advocating, and to doing better for our customers and ourselves, every day.
Need some extra context? Read about us in this TechCrunch exclusive:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, 401(k) Pension plan, Equity Incentive Plan
- Locations: Ability to work remotely
- Health: Benefits, Wellness stipend
- Other: Flexible working hours, Flexible time off, Professional development opportunities, Work device of choice and any required office equipment for your home office