ArtBinder is an art technology company providing innovative and elegant solutions for the art world. Founded in 2010, ArtBinder was created to address widespread inefficiencies in the art business. Our sophisticated, integrated suite of products is the technological backbone of the art ecosystem, powering everything from art management to presentation, online showcasing, and point of sale. ArtBinder is the best way to organize, present, and share your artworks from any device. We modernize and consolidate existing ad hoc systems that depend on outdated spreadsheets, clunky software and physical files.
We are looking for a Product Manager interested in art and tech. Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills, is highly organized, and has a background that includes design and technology principles. You acutely understand a project’s desired outcomes. You take responsibility for assignments, ensure completion on time, within budget, and against agreed-upon objectives. You confidently address business needs, manage resources and any issues to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment. You understand software design processes, along with enough technical knowledge to effectively plan and manage iterative development workflows, from scope definition through quality assurance. This means you will oversee and maintain the ongoing lifecycle of ArtBinder’s SaaS product development, in collaboration with our UX team, by identifying user needs, conducting market research, generating product requirements, writing feature stories, specs and logic flows, and developing time-integrated plans for product introduction and implementation.
As a small but growing team, you will have the opportunity to help shape ArtBinder’s trajectory. We are seeking someone who is able to identify opportunities to improve our processes, and is motivated by the possibility of streamlining and scaling our organization. While we can offer some work flexibility, we can only consider local candidates for this position.
- Oversee the entire delivery and execution process, ensuring and facilitating effective team communication and collaboration
- Conduct meticulous scoping, planning, and timing of projects
- Facilitate the flow of information and productive communication between our Product/Engineering and Client Relations teams, and issue regular status updates to clients and team members
- Initiate and translate product roadmap into manageable product sprints and backlog, and appropriately prioritize backlog
- Write requirement documents for the next release, and socialize them with the organization
- Push the product group and development team to maintain continuous velocity, ensure quality, and minimize defects
- Attend and lead internal meetings to keep projects on schedule/budget, including sprint planning and retrospectives
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of the industry and components of the digital ecosystem that the entire platform is built on
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 3+ years of experience in digital and SaaS products, interactive technology platforms, mobile application, and website development
- Rigorous organization and management skills, conscientious and adept in solving issues at all levels of a project
- Ability to manage cross-disciplinary teams, including creative and technical resources in multiple geographic locations
- Experience planning and managing agile story-driven development workflows
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent analytical skills
- Comfortable using project management tools such as Jira, Slack, and Trello
- Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS as well as backend / database technologies
- Some knowledge of iOS app development