Who we are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple — our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for
Cross River is looking for a Lead Product Development Manager, Payments to join our Product Management team.
Cross River’s banking services include an array of payment services, like ACH, RTP, push to card, debit and credit card issuing, merchant services, and more. You’ll work with strategy, business partners, and your own product managers to create wider product strategies, while building out the product management team and process in payments.
- Take Cross River’s vision and strategic plan and define our payment products’ role in achieving them
- Create an overarching product strategy across our payments products and the internal services and products that support them, and build alignment across the company
- Ensure product managers are aligned with strategic objectives and in the domain, preventing duplication of effort – “loosely coupled, tightly aligned”
- Prepare and oversee leadership communication on product/domain progress (presentations, decks, etc.)
- Manage and develop product managers reporting to you, including mentoring and developing junior product managers
- Lead organizational transformation to create more agile product processes by working with business, design, and technology partners
- Where a product manager doesn’t currently own a product, learn about the space and define our approach for introducing product management
- Manage and communicate interdependencies between products/technologies among the product team
- Lead product discovery on new product offerings, working with the strategy team, business partners, and others to identify potential new lending products and validate the opportunity before we begin effort in earnest.
- Experience leading product management across more than one product
- Several years experience as a product manager with full ownership for a product or equivalent responsibility
- Preferably in the payment space
- Experience leading organizational change management
- Has managed product managers in a remote or hybrid team
- Has driven agile adoption or organizational transformation within a regulated industry
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.