ArtBinder is an art technology company providing innovative and elegant solutions for the art world. Founded in 2010, ArtBinder was created to address widespread inefficiencies in the art business. Our sophisticated, integrated suite of products is the technological backbone of the art ecosystem, powering everything from art management to presentation, online showcasing, and point of sale. ArtBinder is the best way to organize, present, and share your artworks from any device. We modernize and consolidate existing ad hoc systems that depend on outdated spreadsheets, clunky software and physical files.
We are looking for a Director of Product who is interested in the intersection of art and technology. Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical and product background, and is comfortable with managing a team to drive results efficiently while maintaining the highest quality products and processes. As Director of Product, you will help us concept and deliver new products to our customers while optimizing our existing products. You will ensure that we remain focused on delivering customer-centric solutions, by setting product strategies and roadmaps that you translate into action. You and your team will ultimately be responsible for crafting the vision in conjunction with our CEO, defining and defending product roadmaps, and taking the roadmaps from ideation to execution. You should want to work at an agile, fast-growing startup. This is a high-impact person at ArtBinder; we need someone very comfortable shouldering responsibility, taking a leadership role, and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Lead the product roadmap delivery: scope, prioritize, and execute short and long term projects.
- Communicate product strategy into detailed requirements; continually re-evaluate product/feature ideas and requirements through a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes to share with various team members.
- Have deep knowledge of frameworks and best practices, but be able to get creative to plan appropriately and effectively, and to streamline and advance our process.
- Ensure cross-functional teamwork in product development. Deliver consistent communication to cross-functional stakeholders on product strategy and deliverables.
- Work closely with our engineering team to ensure they are positioned to deliver on product requirements consistently and on-schedule.
- Lead our Product, Engineering and UX teams, and ensure they are set up for success. Mentor team by delivering regular feedback to team members so that they can deliver the best possible results and grow professionally.
- Control the planning, staffing, and budgeting of the Product department.
- Become an expert in our industry and products. We expect our product managers to act as CEOs of their domain. As Director of Product, you must get up to speed on our products, our customers, and our industry quickly and in-depth.
- Measure the impact of the products we build and if we delivered the results we planned for. Understand the ‘why’ when we over or under-deliver results and incorporate learnings into future product development.
- 5+ years of PM leadership experience working on agile teams
- Experience building and launching multiple successful web products and features; experience in startup/rapid growth companies or enterprise SaaS preferred
- Track record – you have a demonstrable history of delivering innovative products that delight consumers and drive business results.
- Expert multi-tasking – you’ll be managing several projects simultaneously, continuously making sure that our products and features are of the utmost quality. You will remain undaunted, organized and juggle these tasks without letting the ball drop. You will know how to ruthlessly prioritize your time.
- Communication — you have the ability to explain complex topics, concepts, and logic clearly and concisely to all departments and executives with expertise.
- Leadership – you don’t focus on giving orders to your team but instead empowering them to drive results. You mentor and provide feedback that enables them to deliver on their objectives while growing professionally.
- Attention to detail – you pay close attention to your own work as well as your team’s to ensure we’re delivering the highest quality product possible.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – We’re a small team and everyone, including our executive team, gets their hands dirty to get stuff done.
- Sense of urgency – You want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”