VP of Products – London or Remote
We are looking for a VP of Products to join our senior leadership team in London.
nPlan makes construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be reporting directly to our co-founder & CTO, working with Product Managers, Product Designers, Tech, Research, and Commercial teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
We’re working with some of the largest construction, engineering, and infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a true impact on the world around us through our products.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond.
What we need you to do:
As a member of the senior leadership team, and the most senior product person in the company, you will have the opportunity to shape how nPlan discovers and creates products. Among other things you will:
– Own product strategy for multiple products
– Help product teams create roadmaps
– Inspire the vision of what the future of those products will be
– Identify new product opportunities
– Mentor and grow the product team
– Coordinate and collaborate with the rest of the leadership team in running the business
– Co-own the client journey and experience with Customer Success
– Be the voice of the user and customer in our leadership team
We need you to have:
– We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of how a successful B2B Enterprise product is created. Ideally you will have done this multiple times from the ground up, and understand the pressures and problems that early stage startups face when they are looking to improve their product/market fit.
-Experience as leader of Product teams in a B2B, Enterprise SaaS, or internal-facing product role
-Excellent stakeholder management skills, to balance the tensions of opposing views
– Strong clarity of thinking and communication skills to guide others towards goals that you have set
– Maths and stats at a level that is sufficient to understand forecasting outputs and communicate with both end-users (high level) and engineers (detail)
– A strong ability to own priorities and coordinate (“know when to say no”)
– A strong sense of empathy with users
– Led a product group before
– Experience managing one or more successful B2B SaaS products
We’d like you to have:
– Worked with Data Science or Machine Learning teams in the past
– An understanding of forecasting, uncertainty and probabilities
– An understanding of the construction industry, planning and/or risk
– Build and scaled multiple Enterprise SaaS products all the way to exit
The typical nPlanauts are:
– Generally curious about the world.
– Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
– Able to define their own work independently.
– Proactive about improving the world around them.
– Open-minded about new technical ideas.
– Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
– We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
– Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you’re from.
– We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
– We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
– Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
– We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
– Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.