Remote First Position
Polco is looking for a solutions-oriented, tech-savvy, experienced B2C Product Manager who wants to improve governance and politics. We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver who loves a challenge and is excited by the pace of startup. You’ll lead a cross-functional team conducting experiments to de-risk and ultimately build consumer software that raises people’s voices and gives them more political influence.
Who we are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives, and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of public governance. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart.
What you’ll do
As a product manager at Polco, you’ll jump right into the role, learning our product and collaborating with other teams to deliver value to our users. Work with a small cross-functional team and partner closely with engineering, design, and internal stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions to business and user challenges.
- You’ll be an early team member, with the opportunity to have a major impact on our product, our culture, and the overall business
- Lead the end-to-end success of your product area from discovery to launch
- Collaborate with the Director of Product to develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Use your passion for technology and solving users problems to drive product outcomes
- Lead brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders to learn about client needs and identify product solutions
- Work with engineers to create stories in Jira and plan sprints
- Coordinate with sales and marketing on the GTM plan for new launches
- Develop team leadership and succession plan for the team by hiring, training, and mentoring individuals to meet their career development goals
- Communicate product updates to internal stakeholders
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of managing consumer software products
- You have 1+ years of experience designing consumer experiments to validate product hypotheses
- Experience developing social products a big plus
- You’re good at balancing details with big picture timing and impact
- Fearlessness and a comfort with uncertainty.
- You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Are self-driven and have strong communication skills
Why work with us?
- A significant chance to improve how government (and maybe even politics) works
- We’re on an awesome stack
- Remote-first work environment
- The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Benefits package including dental, medical, vision coverage
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Home office setup stipend
Position available immediately and open until filled. EOE.
Please note that Polco will be unable to respond to any telephone calls regarding the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, folks who identify as queer and others who are underrepresented in the technology or research field to apply.