Private equity funds have long been one of the most attractive investment opportunities, outperforming public market benchmarks, like the S&P 500. But these funds have also been difficult or impossible to access, especially for individuals. Onerous paperwork, high investment minimums (~€10m) and difficulty picking a fund have all been hurdles that kept individuals out. Access has always been dominated by institutions or a select few. Enter Moonfare.
Moonfare is revolutionising access to private equity using a fully digital platform that provides qualified investors access to selectively vetted top-performing funds within 15 minutes and at minimums as low as €50,000. Moonfare provides investors with innovative reporting and the potential to trade their stakes in funds using our Secondary Market. We are introducing never before seen transparency and liquidity to private equity, and with our ongoing expansion across key markets in Europe and Asia, we are enabling investors around the world to reach further.
The Moonfare team brings together individuals with a wealth of different backgrounds, from leading investment and private banks and private equity fund managers to disruptive tech startups, leading newspapers and top law firms. Moonfarians strive to keep growing and want to challenge the status quo while working as a team to deliver innovative solutions and the Moonfare vision.
UX Researcher (Berlin-based role–visa and relocation assistance available)
User research is a key driver behind Moonfare being the leading platform for enabling individuals and their advisors to invest in private equity. The team is dedicated to ensuring that each feature we develop is intuitive, efficient and reflects our company brand. As Moonfare’s first UX Researcher you’ll play a key role in helping us discover and define the best user journey. You’ll execute on qualitative-focused research initiatives and work closely with other teams to help apply our learnings to our product and overall business objectives. The Research team is both new and small so you’ll play a huge role in shaping the way research impacts our path forward.
- Define and design: based on internal needs you’ll be responsible for how research is designed and executed. You will be responsible for managing your own studies end-to-end. Drive the research discussion and alignment across various teams
- Own the execution of Moonfare research projects: from defining the optimal research methodology and participants, to preparing documents and managing research data
- Internal communicator and educator: you’ll work closely with our internal stakeholders in order to identify the context of research needs, manage timelines and expectations, and act as a resource to further educate stakeholders about the research process, and importantly, how it impacts and benefits their work
- Data-driven insights: once the data starts to roll in we’ll look to you to make sense of it within our repository. You will analyze, summarize, and then help our stakeholders understand the insights in relation to their objectives
The next Moonfarian:
- You’ve got a foundation of at least one year of user research experience, either as part of an in-house Product team or from an academic research background
- You are strong in qualitative research…but having some quantitative research knowledge would be very useful, too
- Past experience has taught you how to effectively balance multiple research projects, stakeholders, data sets and deadlines
- You are a confident and collaborative communicator whether it’s working with internal stakeholders at various levels (especially Product Designers and Product Managers) or leading discussions and promoting user insights into decision-making processes
- You know how to take the lead in the research process end-to-end: helping teams define research goals and questions, employing the most adequate research method and timeline, coordinating research logistics, executing, and synthesizing data to generate actionable insights that can be integrated into product roadmap
- We’re a hybrid team and you’ll be working with team members, stakeholders, and users scattered across the globe so you should be both comfortable and self-motivated to work in this type of environment
Invest in yourself:
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas, make decisions and have impact. Participate in our equity program and share in our success.
- Transparency: Everyone at Moonfare is regularly updated on strategic progress, KPI tracking, product updates and changes.
- Growth: Not only will you grow in your role, you also have access to an individual growth budget of €1,500 or 2% of base salary (whichever is higher).
- Flexibility: Work on your terms, by leveraging our hybrid-office arrangement. No minimums or maximums.
- Diversity: Our Diversity Committee ensures we hold ourselves accountable and continuously improve our D&I initiatives.
We understand the important role that diversity plays in our success. Different backgrounds, experiences and ideas push us further and raise the bar. We’re committed to developing an inclusive and safe culture where everyone — regardless of colour, race, religion, sex, origin, sexuality, disability, marital status, citizenship or gender identity — knows that they are an integral part of the team and can bring their full potential to their work.