We’re looking for
A Product Manager to join our globally distributed team who will work cross-functionally to help plan, design, build and roll-out products that deliver make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers. This position is a great fit for someone who is really passionate about building products that customers love.
Specifically, we are looking for a product manager to work on a program of projects related to how people discover content on GetMyBoat. It’s the most publicly visible part of the product, and a core part of the experience including features related to searching, browsing, sorting, filtering, shortlisting, refining options, and ultimately discovering the most useful content possible.
Success in this role will be defined by becoming one of the resident experts on how the GetMyBoat service and apps work, from an internal and external perspective. You will test, research, review, plan, prioritize, develop insights, create communications, and recommend solutions.
At GetMyBoat, design is planning, and planning is design. The Design & Product Team is responsible for the product experience of GetMyBoat’s platform, as well as the brand experience across every touchpoint our customers have with the company. Our goal is to drive company growth by devising novel solutions, improvements, service strategies, and communications that remove friction, improve usability, and position GetMyBoat as the most innovative brand in boating.
What you’ll do
- Lead collaboration to define, scope, and deliver significant new features and product enhancements.
- Identify challenges and user frictions, explore approaches and propose solutions.
- Structure, breakdown, and organize user-experiences to communicate scope and requirements with the development team.
- Assess different approaches and aspects of user experiences to prioritize the delivery of essential value.
- Gather information through research, review, and investigation to inform design and planning decision-making and project prioritization.
- Support the Customer Experience team to troubleshoot and resolve user issues.
- Support operations, design, and development with root-cause analysis, QA testing, organization, communication, and report actionable issues, bugs, and feedback in a clearly communicated way.
- Groom, prioritize, and organize the product roadmap and backlog.
- Develop a deep understanding of key user roles, their context, and work.
Who you are
- 4+ years experience in software as a product manager, product owner, UX Designer, QA Manager, business analyst, or software engineer.
- UX / QA / PM or related roles obtaining skills in product management, technical aptitude, and knowledge of UX and usability.
- Expertise in mobile & web application ecosystem and user experiences. (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows).
- Education/training in product experience, design, engineering, business, or software development. (Bachelor+ degree preferred)
- Experience working with software development teams in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Data, reporting techniques, technology skills.
- Excellent communication skills, meticulous organization, and robust processes.
Several years of experience as product manager for a similar growth tech company.
We are a remote-first globally distributed company. Remote is baked into our DNA and has been a big part of our culture since we started. Our talented team is globally distributed with concentrations in Europe/Africa and the Americas time zones (these are the preferred timezones for purposes of collaboration).
All of our work and collaboration happens virtually, so you’ll need to: be an effective communicator in English both written and verbal since we use a combination of asynchronous and synchronous work to collaborate. Additionally, you must have the ability to Self-Manage your own time and work expectations well.
Who we are
GetMyBoat is changing the way we go boating by powering the world’s largest boat rental marketplace. With over 150,000 boats in 184 countries and 9,300 locations, there is an experience for new boaters and seasoned sailors alike.
Launched in San Francisco in 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of watercraft, from kayaks and sailboats to powerboats and yachts, to post their watercraft for rent or charter. From California to Croatia, our users can search, find and book their dreamboat.
We are on a mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences, making it accessible for everyone. We are a small, growing organization with a very high-impact team that is focused on building the best product, and loving what we do. Come be a part of a company that has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and has some exciting goals and projects ahead of us to continue our growth!
We were recently named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021, and 2020 Apple App of the Day.