We’re looking for
A UX/Product Designer to join our globally distributed team to help design the search, browse, and discovery experience of GetMyBoat apps and web products. As a Product Designer at GetMyBoat, you will lead and collaborate on the development, planning, and execution of a world-class user experience that drives company growth.
Specifically, we are looking for a designer to work on a program of projects related to how people discover content on GetMyBoat. It’s the most publicly visible part of the product, and a core part of the experience including features related to searching, browsing, sorting, filtering, shortlisting, refining options, and ultimately discovering the most useful content possible.
Success in this role will be defined by using analytical and creative design skills to understand user needs, and drive product execution, design, and experience removing frictions for users and creating clear paths for implementation by developers.
At GetMyBoat, design is planning, and planning is design. The Design & Product Team is responsible for the product experience of GetMyBoat’s platform, as well as the brand experience across every touchpoint our customers have with the company. Our goal is to drive company growth by devising novel solutions, improvements, service strategies, and communications that remove friction, improve usability, and position GetMyBoat as the most innovative brand in boating.
What you’ll do
- Lead collaboration to design significant new features and product enhancements.
- Identify challenges and user frictions, explore approaches and propose solutions.
- Structure, breakdown, and organize user-experiences to communicate scope and requirements with the development team.
- Assess different approaches and aspects of user experiences to prioritize the delivery of essential value.
- Gather information through research, review, and investigation to inform design and planning decision-making and project prioritization.
- Execute world-class visual design, usability, UI writing, interaction design and have a passion for building great software product experiences.
Who you are
- Minimum of 4 years working in-house or agency as a UX/Interaction/Product designer
- Experienced in UI design, usability, software product development, and user research
- Excellent at visual design, usability, UI writing, interaction design and have a passion for building great software product experiences
- Understand enough about code and technology to be able to collaborate with developers to solve UX problems, and provide thoughtful UX reviews of work in progress.
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, Agile, Sketch, Adobe CS, Figma, Abstract, Zeplin, React, iOS, Android.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a business-oriented approach
- Strong communication skills
- An exceptional visual and design portfolio of successful UX projects will be reviewed as part of the application process.
- Have one or two secret talents in your back pocket like; research methods, copywriting, illustration, graphic design, or animation.
We are a remote-first globally distributed company. Remote is baked into our DNA and has been a big part of our culture since we started. Our talented team is globally distributed with concentrations in Europe/Africa and the Americas time zones (these are the preferred timezones for purposes of collaboration).
All of our work and collaboration happens virtually, so you’ll need to: be an Effective Communicator in English both written and verbal since we use a combination of asynchronous and synchronous work to collaborate. Additionally, you must have the ability to Self-Manage your own time and work expectations well.
Who we are
GetMyBoat is changing the way we go boating by powering the world’s largest boat rental marketplace. With over 150,000 boats in 184 countries and 9,300 locations, there is an experience for new boaters and seasoned sailors alike.
Launched in San Francisco in 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of watercraft, from kayaks and sailboats to powerboats and yachts, to post their watercraft for rent or charter. From California to Croatia, our users can search, find and book their dreamboat.
We are on a mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences, making it accessible for everyone. We are a small, growing organization with a very high-impact team that is focused on building the best product, and loving what we do. Come be a part of a company that has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and has some exciting goals and projects ahead of us to continue our growth!
We were recently named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021, and 2020 Apple App of the Day.