About The Role
Support the evolution of Safe Software’s FME Platform: the world’s best solution for spatial data integration. Thousands of customers, from CN Rail to Pelmorex Corp (The Weather Network) trust the FME Platform to power their mission-critical workflows. We love to solve the world’s toughest data integration challenges, and have been doing so for over 25 years!
Safe’s Product Management group is a growing team focused on delivering the highest value to the markets we serve. As a continuously evolving discipline at Safe, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of our product management processes. We believe there is always room to improve and are looking for fresh ideas! We value having an open mind, listening to understand, and being curious to explore problems (it’s what Safe does best!).
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Group Product Manager for the Engine group, you will be responsible for guiding the strategic vision and roadmap of the FME data integration processing engine, which is the core infrastructure supporting all data connections and manipulations.
You will work closely with the development team technical directors, company leadership, and your product management team, to ensure growth, coordination and consistency in the evolution of the FME Engine product. You will supervise a small team of product managers, and work closely with them to provide leadership and guidance.You’ll be staying on top of industry and market trends, and understanding and advocating for evolving customer needs.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a growing product management practice and help scale and evangelize Product at Safe, bringing in your experience to help us mature. You will work with the team to brainstorm and implement ways to make our product team better, and help us scale.
- Guide and mentor a team of Product Managers to help them support them in their own product areas, as well as their careers. The team is everything at Safe Software, and in this role, you will oversee a team of enthusiastic Product Managers, mentoring and guiding them in their day to day responsibilities, and helping them achieve their long term goals.
- Own the end-to-end strategic plan of meeting user demand for the expansion and maintenance of FME Engine and its various components. You will guide the creation and enhancement of features in our FME processing engine that increase our market applicability and improve our customer workflows.
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders – The key to the success of the role is establishing rapport, alignment, and buy-in from internal stakeholders (Development, QA, Customer Success, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Executives) and external stakeholders (our customers and Partners) against Safe’s overall business objectives. As a facilitator in this process, you will engage in continuous feedback circles to identify epics and user stories to be developed and integrated into FME Engine.
- Develop and maintain a unifying product vision – You will own the creation of an executable product roadmap for the Engine group, ensuring that development resources are driving business value. You’ll work to discover, prioritize, and evangelize projects across development teams, balancing the needs of product growth and longevity.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for people who have an enthusiasm for product management and skills in facilitation. You do not need to know about our product (FME) to be the successful candidate for this role – we will teach you about it! If the position grabs your attention, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed.
What we are ideally looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, ideally in enterprise software.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring a group of Product Managers
- Comfort with ambiguity but a passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills tied to strong customer empathy.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with various stakeholders to build consensus across various departments.
- An open mind focused on creative, simple, and robust software solutions.
- Working knowledge of Agile concepts (Kanban and/or Scrum).
- Familiarity with data integration tools and/or the FME Platform.
- Experience with working on a Platform/multi product offering.
- A background in business administration or business analysis.
- Comfortable with Atlassian products (ex. JIRA/Confluence.)
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round.
All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.