Blueprint Income is a leading fintech company in the annuities market, recently acquired by MassMutual. Blueprint Income uses technology to build the next generation of retirement income products that enable Americans to retire with more security for less money. Our online platform enables the purchase of simple annuities from 35+ insurers directly by consumers. Blueprint Income operates independently, with a focus on accelerating our growth trajectory and serving customers, insurance companies and partners. Strategic initiatives to deliver on this vision include expanding the company go-to-market approach and building back-end capabilities, potentially leveraging the Haven Technologies platform, in order to deliver a true low-cost, hassle-free platform to customers and distribution partners.
We are seeking talented professionals who are comfortable working in a small, high-caliber team that will grow Blueprint Income. Culturally, we are a small team of individuals with a strong inclination for collaboration and learning, and we are looking to build a friendly, caring and high-performance team.
We are at an exciting stage of growth and are transitioning to in-house design. As a founding member of this new design team, we’ll be counting on you to drive our design strategy, execution and processes going forward.
Primary responsibilities of this position
- Define and implement design processes and frameworks into our product discovery and software development lifecycles
- Provide recommendations and educate the Blueprint income team on UI/UX best practices, when approached with a business problem
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, growth managers and other parts of our team to define, prioritize, and solve problems across various digital products and features
- Lead & conduct research to discover user needs, collect feedback, test usability, A/B testing, perform competitive analysis to inform & recommend product design
- Create and present low- to high- fidelity outputs (sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes)
- Champion the user’s experience through constant collaboration with product and software engineers throughout design and implementation process
- Work within and contribute to our design system to promote a cohesive design framework across products
- Create flexible designs that communicate the Blueprint brand to mobile and desktop users
- Support design needs of our partners sites; maintain our cooperative branding
- Define design specifications and perform visual QA
- Advocate for user needs, good design, and accessibility
- Work with Growth team to support design needs across the customer lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience designing and shipping consumer-facing software products that drive business impact
- Expert at identifying and employing the full range of research methods
- Exceptionally strong problem solving abilities and ability to thrive in both self-directed efforts and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience in fintech, or financial services industry preferred
- Experience designing marketing materials including infographics, fact sheets, advertisements or other similar collateral
- Experience with proto-typing and wireframe tools such as Figma, InVision, Adobe XD
- Experience writing HTML/CSS