Product Owners gain understanding of their customers, identify problems that need to be solved, manage a backlog, and work with technical teams to deliver features for our customers while improving the scalability of the platform and generating revenue. As product owner on our team, your role will be on an agile delivery team that is responsible for building the core of the product. You will work closely with, and enhance the productivity of, a high-performing Engineering team. You will work collaboratively with our product team to shape our vision, strategy and roadmap with primary responsibilities of gaining an understanding of the endpoint security market, managing a backlog, and working with technical teams to deliver features that solve problems for our customers. We are looking for people who love solving complex technical problems to drive customer impact.
What You’ll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand complex technical problems and how they impact our customers and our teams using the services you are focused on
- Seeking truth by collecting whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of backend service metrics, customer usage, customer behavior, or other business metrics. Solicit and embracing critical feedback
- Meeting with stakeholders (internal, customers and partners) to understand their needs and manage expectations
- Backlog definition, ownership and priority of stories / features
- Being the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development.
- Driving Story and feature definition and priority based on defined Initiatives. Pair with UX on customer calls to validate and own story definition
- Collaborating with the development team to define, design, accept, and adapt features, including in depth technical discussions.
- Responsible for quality, through acceptance of stories
- Coordinate with customers on features / betas / roadmaps / feedback
- Working with documentation, services and support teams to assure smooth installation and adoption.
- Prepare the go to market teams and work with that team on the appropriate plan for availability of product improvements
- Driving improvement in both the technical architecture and the customer experience
- Elevate impediments / issues to management
- Communicate status on features to the business and mgmt.
- Run customer demos for features and full product
- Collaborating with product marketing to produce sales education materials.
- Working with product team to formulate our product vision, strategy and roadmap.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- Prior internship, special projects, or freelance work
- Passion about our products and the possibilities in the endpoint security market; Security experience a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, organized
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Leadership traits, with the capability to motivate and influence the delivery team
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- The ability to identify high leverage activities and the discipline to focus on those activities
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and users
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.