We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Product User Researcher
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a member of the Optum product team you will focus on the medicine’s optimisation product suite, supporting the Director of Product to provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users. You will collaborate across development, design, and marketing teams to evaluate current and upcoming user research needs that help to improve product definition and drive business goals.
Ideal candidates will be passionate, curious, and self-driven team players who have experience working in fast-paced environments while applying both generative and evaluative research methods to build a larger understanding of users.
Join us! There’s never been a better time to do your life’s best work℠
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our London office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Design and perform user research activities using multiple methods including interviews, cooperative workshops, develop personas, journey maps, system maps, network value maps, surveys and other mixed methods
- Deliver analysis of research to inform product roadmaps, new product development and enhancements
- Deliver quantitative research that focuses on numbers and statistics and quantitative research that examines non-numerical insights
- Research planning and recruitment
- Developing a well crafted research plan with clear research objectives
- Craft personas and other “information radiators” (e.g. journey maps) to communicate insights across the design and development teams
- Conducting design research studies and analysing the collected data
- Presenting findings to designers, developers and other stakeholders
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Demonstrable software/technology user research-based experience
- Experience writing user stories/product experience
- Previous history using product management tools
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our London office is required
- Experience using one or more of the following: Figma, Haze or Hotjar
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.