We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About this role
As a Product Manager you will be working with product leaders and the wider team to manager the product idea from ideation to implementation. In this role you will be solely focus on new product ideas, starting the product lifecycle from idea through to development. You will be the lead on new ideas and will be required to work with different teams to build the ideas and collate market feedback on the product. You will also be involved in working with the wider product team to push the product into full launch.
- Full ownership of one or more NEW product ideas
Work with product leaders and the wider team to manage the product idea from ideation to implementation
- Define GTM strategy and marketing materials alongside the product marketing team
- Develop detailed product plans and put in place the necessary governance to support the delivery of this including product boards, delivery methodologies, sprints
- Supporting business case development and building a Product Roadmap
- Ensure that these deliver against clearly defined objectives and key results (OKRs)
- End-user engagement and stakeholder analysis
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and clickable prototypes for market testing
- Perform usability testing with end-users and prospects
- Work across the product team, Optum Ireland DX, OGA India and the wider business (Technology, Legal, Compliance, Privacy, Analytics, Finance, Pricing) to deliver against the new product ideas
- Explore whether the idea (or part of it) is eligible for patents
- Experience as a Product Development Manager (or Product Manager, Product Analyst, Business Analyst within a Product function)
- Process management and improvement experience
- End-user engagement and usability testing experience
- Experience using Product Management tools (for example, Monday.com, Asana, Craft.io, Airfocus, ProdPad, Roadmunk, Jira/Confluence, etc.)
- Commercial sensitivity and experience
- Experience working within healthcare
- Defining and managing OKRs, KPIs and other metrics
- Strong stakeholder communication and collaboration skills
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.