Popular Pays is looking for an experienced product manager to own our product planning, product strategy, and product process. As Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for guiding our product function to ensure a world-class experience for our customers and creator communities. You will be responsible for owning our existing products and helping to develop new ones based on our long-term vision. Your primary role is to ensure we build great software that comes from constant and cohesive collaboration across teams and customer collaboration. You will also be responsible for using data to drive decisions at any given moment to help with the direction of the product.
What you’ll do
- Be an advocate of product development within the company, ensuring cross-functional alignment on strategy
- Be responsible for how we leverage our existing partners (partner and ecosystem) and how we can grow and capitalize on additional partner relationships
- Ensure the near term roadmap is well defined and within the scope of the broader product strategy
- Responsible for project scoping discussions with engineering, design, and key stakeholders
- Review and contribute to UX and UI design
- Work with customers, creators, and other teams to understand changing market needs and problems to solve
- Keep relevant strategy documents up to date as our high-level roadmap for the customer experience
- Establish product KPIs for usage, retention, churn, and other product health metrics.
- Regularly join customer and sales calls in order to evangelize the product roadmap and solicit feedback and inputs from our customers into the roadmap and strategy
- Ensure that we translate user needs and problems into solutions that delight
- Author release notes, announcements, and blogs for key features and any other exciting product news
- Work with marketing to establish product rollout plans to introduce new features and help drive adoption as they get announced
- Make tough priority calls and trade-offs – balancing available time, talent, and critical business needs
What we’d like in a candidate
- 3+ years of product management experience ideally for a B2B SaaS technology company
- Preference for residence in or willingness to relocate to Chicago
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders (e.g., salespeople, designers, developers, corporate clients, and daily app users) distilling varying viewpoints and feedback into a cohesive product strategy
- Expertise in agile software development, ideally with 3+ years of experience shipping products in an agile software development environment
- Design empathetic and have a passion for the user, usability, and simplicity
- A data-complemented approach – we want your help refining and establishing the metrics and data collection methods that will help us prioritize our roadmap and validate our completed projects. Ideal candidates will have experience setting and hitting quantitative goals. Knowledge of SQL is a plus too!
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the trust to dive into key strategic initiatives, and the drive to make a product a reality
- An aptitude for understanding how our product and teammates work so that you can anticipate how Design will envision the product, how engineering will build it, and how our customers will use it
- An understanding that one of our greatest strengths as a startup is that we can move quickly, pushing features, getting feedback, and continually improving
- A genuine interest in getting to know your teammates and an authentic desire to build something worth sharing with them.
Experience with Pendo or other software tracking platforms and Figma for product analytics and design are helpful, but not required.
- You will work closely with our leadership team to establish the product roadmap, strategy, and vision, and to start, you will partner with design and engineering to implement that roadmap.
Why you should work here
- Talented teammates and a strong, mission-driven work culture
- Exposure to the startup industry, technology, creativity, and innovation
- A culture that is focused on your outputs and respects work-life balance
- Perks ranging from top-tier benefit options to a sabbatical in your 5th year at the company
Our highlight reel
- Our company is a member of Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter’s marketing partner programs
- We’re a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator”
- We’re a remote first-team with physical hubs in Chicago, LA, & NYC
- We partner with brands like Frito-Lay, General Mills, PepsiCo, Samsung, RxBar, Hyatt, Jim Beam, eBay, and many more
Popular Pays is the leading platform for agile advertising. Advertising is in a moment of transition and we’re betting that the way that work gets done in the future is a powerful mix of creativity + technology. We’ve built the modern approach to advertising: a global network of creators, a platform to streamline operations, and an expert service team to guide you along the way. The results are that our customers’ creative gets to market faster, makes a bigger impact, and we add flexibility into their operations.
Flexible work from home options available.