Who We Are:
Reengineering one of America’s most antiquated industries is no small task. But at Variant, we like a challenge. And we’re committed to our cause. We believe drivers and shippers deserve better. We believe technology can transform trucking. And we know that when you hire the very best people, you get the very best results.
And at Variant, that means reimagining every aspect of the driver experience. It also means successfully scaling a business model that others said couldn’t be scaled. So, if you want to be part of a cross-functional team that is using a first-of-it-kind platform to overhaul the long-haul trucking industry, we invite you to get on board.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of transforming one of America’s largest industries from the inside out. If that’s not enough, we also offer a highly-competitive compensation package, unlimited paid-time off, a collaborative work environment, and a team invested in each other’s growth. Additionally, we have profit-sharing, an employee stock purchasing program, 401K matching, a professional development allowance, and a tricked-out office that you can work from post-COVID. So, join us, and let’s reengineer this industry. Permanently. And for the better.
At Variant, we’re reengineering the asset-based trucking model. We are continuing to innovate on the driver- and shipper-experiences. One driver experience that we are constantly looking to take the new level is how we get drivers more earnings, while providing them the flexibility they desire. Similarly, one shipper experience that we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their loads on time. We are leveraging engineering, data science, and human- centered design to build these experiences.
What You’ll Do
– Distill the vision and strategy for the team, generate enthusiasm across cross-functional partners and leadership
– Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
– Drive innovation, research, design, and planning of entirely new products and features
– Challenge your cross-functional team to think boldly and channel that energy into concrete action
– Collect whatever data and research insights are necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedbacks
– Clearly communicate plans, metrics, and insights to diverse stakeholders, including leadership, business partners, other product teams
– Work cross-functional partners to gather and clarify requirements
– Generate and validate product ideas through continuous experimentation
– Lead prioritization and trade off discussions with rich data and technical understanding.
– Lead successful deployment of new features with metric-driven, anecdotes-rich launch plans. Set the acceptance criteria for each feature deployment.
– Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
5+ years of proven success in Product Management
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; bonus points for experience as a software developer.
Experience with modern web technology development stack; bonus points for experience in graph databases.
Experience building complex, distributed systems to enable automated workflows.
Experience leading cross-functional teams which include engineers, data scientists, and stakeholders.
Basic analytical skills and the ability to apply a metrics based approach to product decision-making and prioritization.
Proficient in narrative writing.
Strong SQL skills and the ability to clearly articulate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
Proficient with engineering, design/wireframing tools such as JIRA, Lucid, Miro, Balsamiq.
Proficient in process flow diagram that describes user flows, or system interaction, and data flows.
Proficient in API design principles, and implementation.