Role: Lead Product Designer – web experience and editor
Brand: Photobox Group
Location – Farringdon, London (2 days per week on-site / 3 days remote)
Who We Are
Our mission is to create closer connections by making moments real. With over 12 million active users across 13 countries, we are Europe’s leading digital consumer service for personalised products and gifts. We bring magic to our customers’ photos, words and feelings by turning them into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry.
We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
We face all the traditional challenges and opportunities of a classic e-commerce provider, and add the complexity of the fact that all of our products are bespoke and printed on demand. This brings with it the need for a highly flexible, yet easy to use, creation capability to enable our users to personalize their purchases to their heart’s content.
Lead Product Designers at Photobox
As a Lead Product Designer at Photobox you are responsible for designing and coordinating end-to-end solutions for customers. You’ll work within existing journeys as well as exploring new and creative approaches to solving customers problems in the future. You’ll also be expected to line manage and mentor more junior team members and lead initiatives that improve our ways of working in design.
You’ll be working on information architecture, user flows, interactive prototypes, user research and interface design. You’ll work closely with your product team to develop product propositions, frame customer and business problems, and define success metrics, led by qualitative research and analytics.
You’ll help the business to design for the true end-to-end experience, from initial customer awareness to product delivery. You’ll do this through stakeholder engagement and facilitation, using storytelling and visualisation to make complex journeys and problems easy to digest.
You’ll help teams to think big, designing new ways to engage with our customers and provide a best in class experience. You’ll work closely with product teams to break the end-goal designs down into iterative and testable releases, while keeping the team aligned on the target experience.
You’ll be part of the design and research team, led by the Director of Product Design. The team meets on a regular basis for feedback, collaboration and to define and refine our design and research standards and approach.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll spend the majority of your time leading and delivering design in one of the most complex areas of the digital experience, the editor for web; where customers create their customised products. You’ll also work on internal tools that allow our team to create and ship new physical products for customers to create faster.
While you’ll be assigned to the editor team day-to-day, you’ll also be responsible for the end to end web experience; coordinating designers across all our web teams to create a seamless experience for customers. You’ll work with the designers responsible for the product browsing experience, check out and user account areas of the site to facilitate collaboration and create alignment in problem solving and implementation.
You’ll work closely with the Lead Designer for the app to ensure that customers have a consistent experience regardless of which touchpoint they choose to engage with us.
Required skills and experience
- stakeholder management and engagement in complex environments
- workshop facilitation
- designing for end-to-end experiences
- working within multidisciplinary agile teams
- working with pattern libraries and brand guidelines
- iterating products that are live to customers
- designing for complex user interactions
- user problem and outcome framing
- designing accessible user journeys, flows, interactions and interfaces
- defining success measures and metrics for user interactions
line managing other designers
Desirable skills and experience
- If you don’t have this experience, we’d still like to hear from you.
- planning and running user research
experience of working in an e-commerce environment
On top of a competitive salary we also have great benefits too. Including but not limited to:
- Annual Performance bonus (Discretionary)
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing by 1 day each year up to 30 days after 5 years continuous service
- 2 weeks out of the year to work remotely abroad
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Money Purchase Pension scheme with employer/employee contributions
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Credits to spend each year on Photobox products
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7 (Unmind & Axa)
- Onsite gym in our fantastic state of the art office
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Flexible working
- Support for parents through maternity and paternity policies and flexible working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status