Join a fast growing start-up, and be part of a young and empowered development team that is building a rock-solid platform to support our innovative business.
You will be part of a relaxed culture that is about doing good work, having a good time, that encourages learning and promotes team and cross-team collaboration.
Prodigy Finance is the pioneer of alumni-funded loans for students at top international universities. Over $50 million has been disbursed through our platform to students from more than 85 nationalities at leading universities such as INSEAD, London Business School and Oxford. We are now in the process of rapidly expanding to other top business schools in Europe and the USA. We are the pioneers in this sector and are looking to maintain our position as the leading crowdfunding platform for international students globally.
Role and Responsibilities: You will take ownership of our online product and ensure that our platform and technical development match our business goals. Be part of a team that identifies solutions to our business challenges. Identify practices, tools, and relevant trends that can positively influence the team. This would include the ability to:
- Lead the ongoing design and timely implementation of our technical projects
- Communicate across teams and with our customer base to understand user needs for our development roadmap
- Prioritize and create detailed product specifications from multiple teams and our customer base to be used in written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases
- Design and present user-experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes, design and copy documents
- Define the features of the product, decide on release date and content and responsibly change features and priority through the agile process
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause delays
Qualifications / Skills
- Relevant degree, and 2-5 years of relevant experience as a Product/IT project manager
- Exceptional project management skills, with an ability to solve problems and manage multiple work-streams
- Ability to move fluidly between high-level strategic thinking and take-charge management of day-to-day details
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solver
- Strong awareness of current web technologies, trends, products, and design standards
- Familiarity with web-based product development using agile methodologies
- Passion for great user experience and design
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Bonus points:
- Sense of humour
- Obscure talent/passion that will entertain your coworkers
Perks and Benefits:
- International outlook (offices in London and Boston), Cape Town base
- Weekly Yoga session in our Yoga room
- Friday lunch outings
- Constant availability of healthy snacks
- Flexible hours and casual work environment
- Market related salary and annual bonus structure
Apply online at jobs.prodigyfinance.com.