Senior Product Manager- Mail Premium Products
Contract: 9 Month Maternity Cover
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
As we look to build our technology and product teams to meet the challenges and opportunities of digital publishing, we are seeking an exceptional Senior Product Manager to drive The Daily Mail’s premium subscription strategy.
The successful candidate must have a proven record of establishing and maintaining structure around product processes; be an expert at building productive working relationships and communicating with senior stakeholders; and be resilient and able to manage change. Experience working on premium subscription products is essentially, preferably within the media and/or publishing industries in a senior product role.
The focus of this role will primarily be on The Daily Mail’s existing premium subscription products, working in conjunction with the Product Director, Digital Editor and Managing Director to maintain and adapt the strategic premium product roadmap.
- Owning and maintaining Mail Premium Products’ strategic product roadmap
- Interfacing with stakeholders at all levels and aspects of the organisation to build the roadmap
- Evangelising a reader-first, data-informed product strategy
- Working closely with the Product Director and Delivery Director on the day-to-day product backlog
- Providing support and expertise to senior stakeholders on product strategy
- Defining requirements that ensure the needs of the reader and business are met
- Goal oriented and adept at incorporating and evangelising Agile processes
- An advocate for best practice within product development and comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to influence decision making
- Experienced in working in a senior product management role for 5+ years (however candidates with backgrounds in project management/delivery, business analysis and product strategy will also be considered)
- Experienced in working on premium subscription products for media organisations, ideally within publishing
- Experienced in executing and evangelising an established product strategy
- Experienced in collaborating with a range of stakeholders, including editorial, business and marketing, technology and delivery – and understanding how communication approaches and styles need to be adapted for each stakeholder
- Experienced in driving change and transformation within legacy businesses and able to independently establish networks within the business
- Experienced with working a variety of roadmap and product development tools
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise own workload and independently identify required tasks and approaches
- Adept at translating requirements from business and editorial teams into user stories for development teams
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i, MailOnline, Mail Plus, metro.co.uk and inews.co.uk reach more than 11m people daily in the UK.* Globally, our brands reach 180m unique browsers every month.** In March 2021, the business acquired the world’s leading science title, New Scientist.
dmg media’s newsbrands are expert at getting to the bottom of the stories most relevant to their readers.
*PAMCo 1 2020 ** Omniture April 2021
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.