Exciting opportunity for a passionate, innovative Technical Product Owner looking to make their next big move.
About the Role:
At Peerius, we’re passionate about personalisation. We personalise everything from the recommendations rendered on a retailer’s website to visitor’s e-mails and other visitor touch points. Our aim is to make the visitor’s online shopping experience as enjoyable and easy as possible so that visitors can find what they are looking for quickly and efficiently whilst increasing ROI for our clients.
Peerius is seeking an outstanding Technical Product Owner to drive our product development efforts. Working closely the Product Director and our technical teams, you will take full ownership of our products and work with the larger Peerius community to make these a reality.
This exciting role involves the following:
- Creating, maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog based on feedback from stakeholders
- Clearly communicating requirements through epics and stories with other teams throughout the business
- Working with the Scrum Master to get estimates from the developers to prioritize the backlog, releases and sprints
- Participating in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Working with Scrum Master to ensure that the definition of done is supplied for each user story and that any tasks declared complete meet all definition of done criteria
- Creating user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint
- Working with the Product Director to prepare release documents to communicate new features to all the departments
- Presenting new features being developed in the upcoming release to the management and department heads
- Getting the acceptance testing done for new features
- Working with internal teams, you will manage the specification and delivery of changes to define detailed elaboration of requirements
Skills and Experience
- Solid experience working as a Product Owner in an Agile Team and previous experience in development or technical role
- Hugely passionate and motivated with an affinity and understanding for web based product development and a strong usability knowledge
- A keen interest / understanding within the field of Ecommerce
- Has worked closely with developers and able to effectively connect with them to gather estimates, explain user stories and answer any product related queries;
- Experience working across the full lifecycle of web development projects – define, design, develop and deliver;
- Solid experience gathering requirements, analysing them and turning them into detailed epics and user stories, preferably in an Agile Environment
- Experience in maintaining the product back-log and working with Scrum Master to plan releases and iterations/sprints;
- Good at presenting complex analysis in easy to understand formats;
- Exceptional communication skills. Includes ability to interface with both non-technical business and technical stakeholders at all levels and describe complex technical solutions to both audiences
- Good at working effectively in a fast-moving, multi-project environment with a strong track record in delivering to timescales
- Previous experience at a start-up is preferred
Here at Peerius we love people that are going to make a splash. We are a fast growing award winning VC backed start-up and we are eager to make it BIG. Opportunities for growth are vast and there is potential to lead our product team.
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for the role.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org